Innocent Bystander Moscato 201975cl
Innocent Bystander Moscato 2020
Description of Innocent Bystander Moscato 2019
Innocent Bystander Moscato 2019 (Moscatel)
- View: vivid pink.
- Nose: very aromatic with notes of blackcurrant, Turkish delight, tangerine peel and a hint of cotton candy.
- Mouth: rich, fruity, balanced residual sugar, a cleaner natural acidity and a lively finish.
APPELLATION: Yarra Valley.
VINEYARD: Moscato fruit was obtained from several vineyards in the region of Swan Hill in northwest Victoria. The soils here are predominantly sandy loam and calcareous.
GRAPES: Muscat of Alexandria and muscatel black.
PREPARATION: Harvested in the cool of the evening, the fruit is cooled and crushed with a skin contact six hours to extract a vibrant touch of pink Black Muscat grapes. Then the juice was subjected to cold fermentation in stainless steel to retain the freshness and catch natural effervescence. The fermentation was stopped at 5.5% alcohol by cooling the wine before bottling pressure.
WINE PAIRING: with fresh summer berries and double cream, pancakes with syrup of lemon and orange zest, blue cheese with pear.
Innocent Bystander is a Yarra Valley based winery producing Chardonnay and Pinot Noir alongside several emerging varietals including Pinot Gris, Moscato, Sangiovese & cool climate grown Shiraz.More about the Winery
Reviews of Innocent Bystander Moscato 2019
- Vivid pink in colour, this highly aromatic wine has notes of blackcurrant, Turkish delight, mandarin peel and a hint of candy floss.
- The palate has intense flavours of strawberry, violets and honeycomb.
- This Moscato is rich and fruity with balanced residual sugar, a cleansing natural acidity and a spritzy finish.