Elaboration of Talisker 25 Year old 1975
Talisker 25 Year old 1975
TASTING NOTES OF Talisker 25 Year old 1975:
- Colour: Old gold.
- Flavour: aromas of fruit compote, Jerez, with freshness and some ginger.
- Taste: well balanced between acidity and soft, sweet sherry, soft snuff, very nice.
PRODUCER: Talisker Distillery.
Talisker is an Island Single Malt Scotch whisky produced by the Talisker Distillery, Carbost, Scotland; the only distillery on the Isle of Skye. The distillery is operated by United Distillers and Vintners for Diageo, and is marketed as part of their Classic Malts series. The brand is sold as a premium whisky.More about the Producer
Reviews of Talisker 25 Year old 1975
- Appearance: Bright olive gold.
- Nose: Nose drying. Seaweed and old oranges, with smoke in the distance and some chalk. Surprisingly fruity and juicy, although with clear Talisker identity. With water almost soapy, a waxy sweetness. Smoke still present, but now more fragrant.
- Body: Firm. Slippery smooth.
- Palate: Sweet and meek to start, with some acidity and saltiness. Extraordinary flavour development. Becomes dry, stony, minerally, dusty, toasty. Ground white pepper. Chillies.
- Finish: Medium to long, slightly bitter, drying finish with a warming effect.