Nikka All Malt
Nikka Distilling Company (Whisky)
The father of Japanese whiskies, Masataka Taketsuru, was born to a sake-brewing family in 1894. He then moved to Scotland in 1918 to study whisky production from the professionals. After returning to Japan, he opened Yamazaki Distillery in 1923, the first of its kind in Japan. After leaving that company to start off on his own, it would not be until 1940, though, that the first Nikka whiskies were released. Nikka Whisky, in its beautiful minimalist bottles, has been taking the whisky world by storm ever since.
From the fine collection of whiskies offered by Nikka comes Nikka All Malt. This blended malt whisky is created using a special combination of single malt whiskies from the company's two distilleries, Miyagikyo and Yoichi, into a beautiful whole.
This rich product calls to you from the bottle with its rich, amber-gold colour. A mild whisky, this is a great introduction to the exciting world of Japanese whiskies. The aroma is very rich and inviting while the flavour is malty and rich, exactly what you would hope for from a whisky named "All Malt". The long, smooth finish will make you want to return for a second sip, or third. Try it with pork, chocolate, or cheese and see what facets of flavour you can tease out of this delicious blend.
If you liked Nikka All Malt, you may also enjoy...
Description · Nikka Distilling Company
Nikka All Malt
- Colour: Old gold with golden hints
- Smell: Mineral, animal (leather, smoked meat) and slightly smoky (snuff, ash), evolves on the fresh grass and ripe fruits (apples).
- Taste: Oily and sweet. After a deep strike that meets with the vivacity of the nose, the fruit develops on mature (white grapes) to become increasingly oil (sunflower). Smooth finish marked by notes of wood and spice (clove). Concentrate, opens to the exotic fruits (coconut milk) and flowers (honeysuckle).
Alcohol: 40% Vol
Nikka Distilling Company
Of the two malt whiskey distilleries Nikka Yoichi tastier, male and peat malt aromas. The whiskey gets its distinct aroma and body from direct heating distillation, in which the stills are heated with natural charcoal, fine powder - the traditional method that is rarely used today, even in...
Buy Nikka Distilling Company Spirits:
Highlighted review about Nikka All Malt
Posted on 20/08/19 at 09.06
Nikka All Malt
More reviews about Nikka All Malt
Posted on 01/04/13 at 18.13
Whisky Nikka All Malt
Posted on 18/09/12 at 02.38
Très... Drôle !
Nothing to do with the rest of other Nikka, closer to a Canadian Club or Crown Royal, yes!
Posted on 03/10/16 at 18.01
- Color: Japan Malta Nikka All Malt 0,70 is old gold color.
- Smell: The nose is very delicate and is a malt with hints of toffee.
- Taste: The palate is very clean with malt flavor. It is creamy with a bit of toffee. The finish is a little spicy and long.