Glenmorangie 18 Year old70cl
Glenmorangie 18 Year old
Discover More About Our Products
On the banks of Dornoch Firth in the Scottish Highlands, the Glenmorangie Distillery was founded in 1843. From this peaceful setting comes a pure single malt whisky that is a delight to the palate. The Glenmorangie Distillery is also home to the tallest stills in Scotland. These 8-metre (26-foot) stills and what ensures that only the purest vapours make it to the top of the 5 ¼-metre (16.4-foot) neck. This, in turn, means that Glenmorangie whisky is exceptionally smooth.
Glenmorangie 18-Year-Old begins with high-quality barley. After distillation, this whisky spends 15 years in American white oak casks. Then, 30% of this is moved into Spanish Oloroso casks for an additional three years while the rest remains in their bourbon casks. When all of the whisky has reached the well-matured age of 18, they are married back together into a beautifully well-rounded single malt.
The elegant bottle in which Glenmorangie 18-Year-Old is encased is quite eye-catching. It makes the golden liquor inside that much more pleasing to pour into a glass. The well-rounded single malt is excellent to pair with chocolate or caramel, as they will bring out its nutty, fruity, floral side. A braised beef would also play well against the rich fig and honey aspects of this complex spirit.
Description of Glenmorangie 18 Year old
Glenmorangie 18 Year old
- Colour: A dark, golden honey.
- Aroma: Citrus and cream slide up the bottle to be complemented by warm smells of toffee creme brulee. Fire-cracked nuts swirl around the glass, releasing the sweet smells of autumn day honey.
- Taste: Orange citrus and grapefruit hit the palate in a smooth yet prominent statement. Oak spice and soft-blended honey follow the taste to a refined vivacity.Aged in both old Spanish sherry casks and American bourbon oak barrels, the intake of this whiskey is smart and complex. The sherry Oloroso casks have passed on a sweet raisin herbaceousness that blends fluidly into the taste buds. These make way for the nutty earth.The taste remains well-balanced and has a long lasting finish to ponder over the development of palate.
COUNTRY: Scotland, United Kingdom
PRODUCTION DETAILS: The prestigious addition to Glenmorangie's carefully produced selections. The scotch is first aged for 15 years in an American white oak bourbon cask. Afterwards, 30% of the mix is stored in a Spanish Oloroso case where it spends the remaining 3 years. The other 70% remains in the American oak barrels to further capture the smoky-sweet flavours. After a total of 18 years, the two mixes are married back together in one dignified bottle.
On a windy peninsula in the Northeast of Scotland, there stands the worldwide famous Glenmorangie Distillery and pours out its whisky with pride and dignity. The brand doesn't only care for tradition and authenticity when it comes to the production of its successful products but also focusses all its strategy on the history of the land.More about the Producer