William Grant & Sons (Whisky)
Product not available in United States
£12.70 + £4.31 Shipping (48h - 3 days)
Shipping: Tu Tienda Del Vino (Spain)
£ You will receive 0.19 points for each unit bought
This Glen Grant The Major's Reserve is inspired by James 'The Major' Grant. From the Scottish whisky brand, it's also the freshest and softest product. In Jim Murray's Whisky Bible, Glen Grant is mentioned as a drink with "Balance and quality nothing short of superb".
If you liked Glen Grant The Major's Reserve, you may also enjoy...
Description · William Grant & Sons
Glen Grant The Major's Reserve
- Colour: Glen Grant The Major's Reserve is a fresh golden yellow.
- Aroma: Floral and tangy on the nose, with notes of green apples, honey, lemon zest, and rhubarb.
- Taste: Mellow, fruity, mouth-coating, and light, with refreshing flavours of apple and citrus orchards, grain, and vanilla sponge cake. A warm finish contains subtle waves of hazelnut, oak, smoke, and vanilla.
PRODUCER: Glen Grant was acquired from Chivas Brothers Ltd by the Campari Group in 2005. It produces the most popular single malt Scotch whisky in Italy.
PRODUCTION DETAILS: Glen Grant The Major's Reserve gains its name from the man who was son and nephew to the two brothers who founded the distillery in Rothes, Speyside, in 1840. James ‘The Major' Grant took the business over in 1872. This distillery is known to produce distinctively light and fresh whiskies, and Glen Grant The Major's Reserve is no exception; light enough to serve as an aperitif as well as blend with mixers. This quality comes from the uniquely tall copper stills, introduced by the very same Major himself, as well as purifiers, used in the distillation process. A true character, The Major was first to install electric light in a Scottish distillery, and owner of the first car in the Scottish Highlands. This easy-drinking, no age statement whisky pays homage to its namesake's sociable and innovative spirit.
William Grant & Sons
The founder of William Grant & Sons , William Grant, was born in 1839. When he began working in the distillery business as a bookkeeper in 1866, he could hardly imagine that his own whisky brand would become an internationally successful business. Or that five decades later, the distillery would...
Buy William Grant & Sons Spirits:
Highlighted review about Glen Grant The Major's Reserve
More reviews about Glen Grant The Major's Reserve
Posted on 26/06/18 at 13.29
- Color: gold, clear, amber
- Smell: Sweetish, slightly fruity, peanut, peat and earthy aromas
- Taste: Spicy, long, sweetish notes, creamy and...
Posted on 26/06/18 at 13.29
Posted on 13/12/17 at 13.39
- Color: Bright golden color.
- Smell: Soft and fresh, with a good mix of ripe orchard fruit.
- Taste: Long and persistent, but always smooth.
Posted on 01/12/17 at 07.34
It's impressive, with or without ice
Posted on 19/05/14 at 05.50