Cardhu 12 Year old
Cardhu Distillery (Whisky)
£33.90 + £11.90 Shipping (3 - 5 days)
£256.67 FREE SHIPPING! (3 - 5 days)
£513.33 FREE SHIPPING! (3 - 5 days)
Shipping: Urban Drinks UK (Germany)
£ You will receive 0.52 points for each unit bought
Cardhu 12 Years is a single malt whisky from Speyside elaborated without peat. Named after the distilling brand, it also is the flagship product of Cardhu which translated means "Dark rock". The Cardhu 12 Years' mellow flavours are best served when served pure or on ice. It also complements ideally chocolate and pralines at the end of the meal.
Technical sheet · Cardhu 12 Year old
2015 Silver Medal - International Spirits Challenge
2015 Gold Medal - The Scotch Whisky Masters
2016 Silver Medal - San Francisco Worls Spirits Competition
2014 Silver Medal Outstanding - International Wine and Spirit Competition
|Type Of Whisky:||Single Malt|
If you liked Cardhu 12 Year old, you may also enjoy...
Description · Cardhu Distillery
Cardhu 12 Year old
- Colour: Cardhu 12 Year old has an amber colour with golden reflections.
- Aroma: Sweet, rich, and structured bouquet, with brushes of smoke, apple peels, and bruised pears.
- Taste: Smooth sensations on the palate, with a gentle, sweet flavour. Smoky notes accompanied with soft peat. The finish is long and dry, with the malty touch of peat.
PRODUCTION DETAILS: This single-malt scotch is a fine sample of all Speyside has to offer. Sweet and easy to drink, Cardhu 12 Year old has the crispiness of oak and the sweet notes of honey and caramel that make it perfect for a summer evening. Matured for a total of twelve years to accentuate the fruity notes and silky character, this spirit comprises over 200 years of history at the same distillery where it all started next to the Spey river. The house was founded in 1811 by Helen Cumming and her husband. Known as the first whisky lady, she and her daughter in law worked side by side to create high quality single malts, and expand the market for their brand worldwide. Elegant and smooth, this spirit is best enjoyed neat, with a couple of ice cubes for the perfect chill.
Buy Cardhu Distillery Spirits:
Highlighted review about Cardhu 12 Year old
Posted on 29/01/19 at 15.01
Cardhu 12 Años
More reviews about Cardhu 12 Year old
Posted on 30/11/18 at 15.58
Cardhu 12 Anni Single Malt
Posted on 28/07/17 at 10.59
- The hills were a place of safety in case the excise men would "visit" him. The controls were frequent, and John's wife, Helen Cumming helped her husband with a successfull stratageme. She used to receive them very well, and to invite them for dinner. When they arrived, she put a red flag behind the barn. As long this flag was visible, John knew the excise men were still present, and he waited before coming back to the farm.
- In 1824, after the promulgation of the Excise Act, John decided to purchase a licence for the production of his whisky. This made made marketting of his spirit quite easier.
- During the 19th century, the distillery was rebuild 3 times. John Cumming's daughter in law, Elisabeth took the management of the distillery in 1876 and contributed to its success.
- She built a new distillery near the farm, and sold stills to a certain William Grant, who was on the point to found Glenfiddich.
- As most of the distilleries, Cardhu closed during the second world war.
- Renewed in 1960, the numbers of stills growed from 4 to 6.
- The distillery was called "Cardow Distillery" since 1981. The Cardhu malt is currently one of the best sellers world-wide.
- About 30% of the production is sold as single malt, the remaining entering in blends. Cardhu is the basis of the Johnnie Walkers blends, Red, Black, Green and Blue labels.
- The commercial succes is so great currently that it was at the origin of many discussions in the whisky world in 2003. UDV is not able anymore to satisfy all the demand for Cardhu malt, and decided to market vatted malt instead of single malt without changing the packaging. The other procuders were furious, and after lots of discussions, UDV decides to change the colour of the label of Cardhu Vatted malt to avoid confusion for the customers, and depreciation of the image of single malt.
Posted on 29/05/17 at 10.16