4 Kilos Vinícola (VT Mallorca)
Technical sheet · 4 Kilos
If you liked 4 Kilos 2015, you may also enjoy...
Description · 4 Kilos Vinícola
4 Kilos 2015 (Callet)
TASTING NOTES OF 4 Kilos 2015:
- View: dark and bright cherry, purple reflections.
- Nose: lots of ripe fruit, black fruit, fine intermingled with creamy and spicy gourmand and fine toasted notes. Light balsamic and a touch of licorice background.
- Mouth: tasty, wide entrance, a marked and fleshy ripe fruit, with special presence of blackberries and currants. Long-haul silky texture. Excellent acidity, long finish.
APPELLATION: VT Mallorca.
VINES: 4 Kilos Vinícola
GRAPES: Callet and Mantonegro.
AGEING: 14 months in new French oak barrels.
PAIRING: cured cheeses, feathered game, beef, grilled red meats, grilled red meat, furred game and roast lamb.
TEMPERATURE: 16-18 °C
ALCOHOL CONTENT: 12.5%
4 Kilos Vinícola
Cellar history In August of 2006, Francesc Grimalt and Sergio Caballero set up 4Kilos Wines in Mallorca, a company dedicated to producing wines that reflect the strength of the grape and its nuances but with a different approach and different presentation. Francesc Grimalt, winemaker and former...
Buy 4 Kilos Vinícola Wine:
Highlighted review about 4 Kilos 2015
Posted on 30/05/18 at 17.22
4 Kilos 2015
- is produced from grapes Callet 90% and 10% black shroud.
- It is a wine of intense cherry color with purple trim, high layer and slightly tinted tear.
- It has an aroma of great intensity, which features a nice ripe black fruit, accompanied by mild toasty notes, balsamic, light floral and mineral aromas.
- It is a wine with good volume on the palate, meaty, tasty and good acidity, smoky aftertaste is fruity.
- This wine is perfect to enjoy with grilled red meats, grilled red meat, roast lamb, game birds and cheeses.
More reviews about 4 Kilos 2015
Posted on 26/05/18 at 20.04
4 Kilos Bio 2015
Cherry red, clean colour. Light aromas of raisins. Toasted background in the mouth.
The wine was fine, but we paired it wrongly.
Posted on 21/09/17 at 05.20
Posted on 08/06/17 at 04.38
Posted on 09/05/17 at 05.23
- DETAILS OF PREPARATION: Wine Origin of name: 4 Kilos (ie 4 million pesetas) was initial investment of Francesc Grimalt and Sergio Caballero, the two partners of the newly created Mallorcan winery Vinícola SL 4 Kilos. A modest investment for this sector, showing that a good wine does not depend on a great economic effort but an ambition for quality and a passion for the product. 4 kilos is unmistakable signature and a declaration of principles.
- ALCOHOL: 14º
- TEMPERATURE: 16 ° C to 18 ° C
- PAIRING: Roasted lamb, Grilled red meats, Roasted red meats, Game birds, Game animals, Aged cheeses, Beef
Summary of ratings
Reviews about other vintages
Reviews about 4 Kilos 2012
4 Kilos 2012 is great with meats and cheeses.
Reviews about 4 Kilos 2011
Reviews about 4 Kilos 2008
- Tasting notes: Colour: dark-red cherry. Nose: violet drops, ripe fruit,
fruit liqueur notes, dry stone, spicy, cocoa bean. Palate: fresh,
fruity, spicy, balsamic.
- Score: 95
Reviews about 4 Kilos 2007
- Tasting notes: Colour: cherry. Aroma: spicy, creamy
Oak, expressive, fresh fruit. On the palate
flavourful, fruity, toasty, round tannins,
powerful, slightly sweet
- Points: 94