Abadía Retuerta (VT Castilla y León)
Product not available in United States
Voted as the best wine in the world in 2005 during the International Wine Challenge de Londres, Abadía Retuerta Selección Especial has been one of the first Riberas del Duero to gain worldwide prestige, praising this area as one of the best for the production of wine. Selected starting from the best tempranillo, syrah and cabernet sauvignon in a year of bad weather conditions, Abadía Retuerta Selección Especial 2009 passed through a 16 month processing in French and American oak barrels to be turned into a clean and expressive wine which has become an international reference.
Technical sheet · Abadía Retuerta Selección Especial
|Type Of Wine:||red wine|
|Vintage:||2009 Other vintages|
|Appellation:||VT Castilla y León (Castilla y León,Spain)|
|Volume:||75cl Other volumes|
|Grapes:||Tempranillo (75%), Merlot (5%), Cabernet Sauvignon (20%), Syrah (10%), Garnacha, Graciano, Mazuelo|
|Pairing:||StartersSpoon dishesMeatHam and sausagesBraised BeefSmoked|
If you liked Abadía Retuerta Selección Especial 2009, you may also enjoy...
Description · Abadía Retuerta
Abadía Retuerta Selección Especial 2009 (Tempranillo, Merlot, Cabernet Sauvignon, Syrah, Garnacha, Graciano and Mazuelo)
- View: 2009 Abadía Retuerta Selección Especial is a red Pillory upper middle layer with garnet trim retaining a purplish reflection. Clean and bright.
- Nose: Good intensity. Fresh ripe red fruit but not excessive extraction, accompanied by a marked lactic notes on a background of oak aging that is expressed in the form of vanilla and spice.
- Palate: On the palate keeps this volume with a medium build. Integrated tannins and round.
APPELLATION: VT Castilla y León
VINEYARD: Abadía Retuerta
GRAPES: 75% Tempranillo, 20% Cabernet Sauvignon and 5% Merlot.
AGING: 18 months in barrels of French and American oak.
DEVELOPMENT: The must fermented and underwent malolactic fermentation in stainless steel tanks.
WINE PAIRING: Grilled red meats, pork, cured sausage.
TEMPERATURE: 15-17 º C
ALCOHOL: 14% Vol
The Abadía Retuerta winery is located at the center of the privileged, winegrowing area, The Golden Mile, where Spain's most prestigious brands of wine are elaborated. Abadía Retuerta owns over 200 hectares of vineyard and is one of Spain's most modern wineries. The winery is presided over by a...
Buy Abadía Retuerta Wine:
Highlighted review about Abadía Retuerta Selección Especial 2009
More reviews about Abadía Retuerta Selección Especial 2009
Posted on 27/01/15 at 11.54
Posted on 31/01/14 at 09.13
Posted on 17/10/13 at 04.55
Posted on 21/06/17 at 12.35
- View: Abadía Retuerta Crianza 2009 shows a cherry colour, with high intensity. Clean and bright, has a fine tear
- Nose: A fragrant, fine, frank red wine. Black and red candied...
Posted on 15/05/15 at 15.47
- View: Abadia Retuerta Sellección Especial 2009 has a suavmente dark cherry colour, purple trim, coat throwing high and fine lightly tinted tear.
- Nose: Notes of ripe red fruit in...
Posted on 11/07/14 at 04.38
Wines winners recognized internationally. Clean, expressive, friendly, with modern and...
Posted on 28/04/14 at 04.51
TYPE: Red wine aging, 2009.
ORIGIN: Wines from the land of Castilla y León.
BODEGA: Abadia Retuerta, S. A.
Made from the best grapes from each of the...
Posted on 15/01/14 at 10.50
Summary of ratings
Reviews about other vintages
Reviews about Abadía Retuerta Selección Especial 2015
Reviews about Abadía Retuerta Selección Especial 2014
Reviews about Abadía Retuerta Selección Especial 2012