Quinta Aveleda 2017
Aveleda (Vinho Verde)
£3.34 (Approximate price)
It is not possible to buy Quinta Aveleda 2017 right now.
Vinho Verde is a type of Portuguese wine that has been around since the Roman age. While its name may translate to "green wine", you do not need to worry, this wine is actually white. Vinho Verde is a young wine that is traditionally meant to be consumed immediately, without ageing. Aveleda S.A. is currently the largest producer and exporter of Vinho Verde in Portugal.
For its Quinta Aveleda 2017, a blend of Trajadura, Loureiro, and Arinto grapes are used. These grapes are native to the region, so in order to preserve their delicious, vibrant flavour, both the pressing and fermentation are done under controlled temperatures. The final wine may be young but still manages to be very balanced and smooth. Its citrus notes make it the perfect accompaniment for seafood. It is also refreshing enough to serve as an aperitif.
Aveleda S.A. has more than 140 years of experience in crafting fine wines. The company has been family-owned since founding, now under control of the fifth generation, and uses this experience to make Vinho Verdes that break out of the mould. While traditional Vinho Verdes are made to be enjoyed young, those from Aveleda age gracefully in the bottle to develop more layers of flavour and aroma. So, you can enjoy Quinta Aveleda 2017 immediately after buying or wait for it to mature further.
You may also be interested in...
Description · Aveleda
Quinta Aveleda 2017 (Trajadura, Alvarinho, Arinto and Loureiro)
- View: This white wine has a light green colouring, which may look like a light spring yellow in certain lights.
- Nose: The scents of the Alvarinho grapes stand out the most in this drink. The scents usually associated with citrus and tropical fruit aromas, including lemon, grapefruit, oranges, and honeydew melons. The Loureiro grapes add a light floral scent to the mix.
- Mouth: The flavours of the Alvarinho and Loureiro grapes meld beautifully in this bottle. Tropical fruit flavours, primarily of citrus fruits, blend with light floral blossom flavours. This makes for a well-balanced drink that is both sweet and light.
APPELLATION: Vinho Verde
VINEYARD: The grapes used in this beverage are grown in the Vinho Verde wine region of Portugal. This area has the perfect climate for using grapes commonly used in white wines. Being in northern Italy, the grapes are still treated to a Mediterranean climate.
GRAPES: Alvarinho and Loureiro
AGEING: The juice is aged in stainless steel tanks for a short amount of time before it is bottled. As a white wine, it does not need to be aged in the bottle before it can be enjoyed.
PREPARATION: The two types of grapes are pressed at the same time. They are then fermented together at a controlled temperature around 17 C. After the fermentation is complete, the juice ages in stainless steel tanks. The drink is then filtered and cold stabilized before it is finally bottled.
PAIRING: This wine pairs best with salad, light seafood dishes, soft cheeses, and poultry.
RECOMMENDED SERVING TEMPERATURE: 6-8ºC
Aveleda SA is a family business that has more than three centuries led generations of the same family, whose talent always dedicated to producing quality wines that are recognized, and whose fame crossed our borders long ago. Market leader in the area of Green Wine, Aveleda is one of the...
Buy Aveleda Wine:
Highlighted review about Quinta Aveleda 2017
Posted on 05/12/18 at 13.10
Quinta Aveleda 2017
- Elegant wine with a long finish. Color: pale yellow with green highlights allergens: contains sulfites
More reviews about Quinta Aveleda 2017
Posted on 01/05/18 at 13.31
Posted on 28/04/18 at 08.43
A little holiday at home.
Posted on 28/03/17 at 23.04
The ideal wine to finish a meal.
Brought by a friend and I opened it with him.
Summary of ratings
Reviews about other vintages
Reviews about Quinta Aveleda 2018
We drank it with a spicy rice.
Someone let me try it.
- View: very thin, clear and clean Amarillo.
- Nose: mainly floral aroma with a background truly refreshing and pleasant tropical fruits. citrus notes stand out in the end.
- Mouth: A soft but has complex, fruity and refreshing taste body. Acidity has a good balance with the sweetness. long finish.
APPELLATION: Vinho Verde.
GRAPES: Albariño and Loureira.
AGEING: young wine consumption.
PREPARATION: grapes farm are carefully selected to ensure quality. These are destemmed, macerated and then pressed at low temperatures. This is followed by fermentation in stainless steel tanks, at controlled temperatures ranging from 16 to 18 °C. Filter and wine cold clarified, and then bottling.
PAIRING: spicy dishes, sushi, shellfish, salads, green vegetables, tropical dishes.
RECOMMENDED SERVING TEMPERATURE: 6-8 °C
- View: slightly greenish
- Nose: offers floral and herbal notes on a lime green background
- Palate: Fresh and creamy with a nice final vivacity
Vineyard Quinta da Aveleda
NAME: Vinho Verde
GRAPES: Loureiro (50%) Albarino (50%)
MARRIAGE: Appetizer - Crustaceans and Shellfish - Seafood
Observations: Aged in stainless steel tanks.
Blanc0, 7,520,219, 5% Heart NouveauCoup
A very refreshing wine that opens appetite.