Bertani Valpolicella Ripasso 201875cl
Bertani Valpolicella Ripasso 2018
Description of Bertani Valpolicella Ripasso 2018
Bertani Valpolicella Ripasso 2018 (Corvina Veronese, Rondinella and Merlot)
- View: Purple red with purple reflections.
- Nose: Intense aromas of blackberry, black currant and cherry.
- Mouth: Warm, full and mature, but at the same time fresh and lively; intense notes of black cherry and chocolate; savory aftertaste and velvety texture.
DENOMINATION OF ORIGIN: Valpolicella Ripasso
GRAPES: 85% Corvina Veronese, 10% Merlot, 5% Rondinella.
AGING: 9 months in French oak barrels.
PREPARATION: Manual collection; first fermentation in steel for 2 weeks at controlled temperature (20-22 ° C); second fermentation on the skins of Amarone.
PAIRING: Semi-mature cheeses, mushroom risotto, roasted meat, grilled meat, carbonara pasta, amatriciana pasta.
SERVICE TEMPERATURE: 16-18ºC
How to serve
The Bertani wine company was founded in 1857 by two brothers, Giovan Battista and Gaetano Bertani, in Quinto di Valpantena to the north of Verona. Gaetano was already a wine-making expert, having learned the new techniques in France under Professor Guyot, who is still considered today to have been one of the greatest wine-making experts of all time. The start of the Bertani brothers' work coincided with a new spirit of innovation which inspired them to use the latest production techniques, in both grape-growing and wine-making; they applied these techniques to all the vineyards they owned at the time, in the Valpantena and in the Soave area, but always respecting the territory and local agricultural traditions.More about the Winery
Reviews of Bertani Valpolicella Ripasso 2018
- It has an intense purple-red colour with purplish highlights. On the nose it has a very clean and intense aroma of ripe red fruit with hints of dark fruit, such as bramble, blackcurrant and ripe cherry. It is velvety and well-balanced, full and round while maintaining a lively and intense grip, with a sapid aftertaste.
- View: dark purple, violet reflections.
- Nose: intense, sharp and broad aromas of ripe red fruit, blackberry, black currant, ripe cherry, both in confectionery and liquor.
- Mouth: Velvety and harmonious, full and round, agile and lively nerve, a crunchy mouth, fruity and varietal.
APPELLATION: Valpolicella Ripasso.
GRAPES: Corvina, Rondinella and Merlot.
TEMPERATURE: 16-18 °C
ALCOHOL CONTENT: 13.5%