Rafael Palacios (Valdeorras)
The 2012 vintage of this wine received 90 Parker scores, making it the highest rated white wine, and an exceptional choice for that price. The vintage 2013 confirms the excellent record of this winery.
Technical sheet · Louro
|Type Of Wine:||white wine|
|Vintage:||2013 Other vintages|
|Grapes:||Treixadura (8%), Godello (100%)|
|Ending Year For Optimal Consumption:||2017|
If you liked Louro 2013, you may also enjoy...
Description · Rafael Palacios
Louro 2013 (Treixadura and Godello)
- View: Louro 2013 has a bright straw yellow with green trim.
- Nose: fresh wine, which transmits its aromatic intensity from expressing plants like fennel and chestnut blossom and gorse, white fruits on a subtle and elegant remember rosemary honey.
- Palate: big attack, fresh but voluptuous and fat, which is based on a complex and fruity step. Its aftertaste, is marked by saline minerality of the soil and gives personality and character.
DESIGNATION OF ORIGIN: Valdeorras
VINEYARD: Rafael Palacios
GRAPES: 92% Godello, 8% Treixadura,
Aging: 4 months on fine lees in foudres.
PREPARATION: Alcoholic fermentation in foudres (hogsheads) 3,000 liter French oak forests of Normandy.
PAIRING: Seafood and fish, boiled, grilled or in sauce.
Alcohol content: 13.5% Vol.
Rafael Palacios is the son of D. Jose Palacios Remondo (founder of Bodegas Palacios Remondo) and a passion for making white wines. After making his first target in the family winery, Plácet, decides to create his own winery in Galicia, in the Valley Bibei under the name of Valdeorras, where he...
Buy Rafael Palacios Wine:
Highlighted review about Louro 2013
Posted on 06/06/16 at 12.48
In the mouth at first it is powerful, it has mineral aroma with notes of white fruit and a medium-body. It has a good structure and acidity. Medium to long final with mineral hints and herbal notes.
More reviews about Louro 2013
Posted on 17/07/14 at 04.38
Louro do Bolo 2013
Posted on 25/08/15 at 06.53
Louro Blanco 2013
I especially liked the colour. I was explained that this wine smells like acacia flower. You can feel it is very thick in the mouth.
Posted on 21/08/14 at 16.33
- View: Louro 2013 is a pale yellow with a greenish reflection and gold. Very clean and bright.
- Nose: Good intensity, clean, fresh, defined, balanced and very nice. Start something shy to offer after little white fruit aromas accompanied by subtle floral notes. As you walk through the glass appear mild citrus flavors, herbal notes, hay and fennel prevailing on a mineral background.
- Mouth: The palate exhibits a means, a path marked by a creamy texture and excellent acidity, integrated, deep, cool it and lengthens volume structure. Long finish with wonderful salt notes. Do not miss it!
PAIRING: Appetizer, soupy rice dishes, cooked Seafood, Grilled Seafood, Grilled white fish only.
Grapes: Godello and Treixadura
CELLAR: Rafael Palacios
Summary of ratings
Reviews about other vintages
Reviews about Louro 2018
Reviews about Louro 2017
Reviews about Louro 2015