“Pinot Noir Meczan Hofstätter Alto Adige DOC is a wine produced from 100% Pinot Noir grapes grown on soils that are configured as a conglomerate of clay, limestone and porphyry. The grapes are harvested by hand when perfectly ripe and vinified in steel tanks at 25 º C, the particularity lies in the destemming of 75% of Pinot Noir while the remaining 25% is inserted whole (then with the stalks) in the barrel. The Pinot Nero Meczan Hofstätter Alto Adige DOC wine ages in cement containers for 8 months before blending and bottling.”
“Buying wine as Hofstätter Pinot Noir Meczan 2016 at Uvinum and will not regret it.
I especially liked the colour. Concentrated aroma of red fruit jam. I didn't notice any aftertaste, but the taste was right.”