- Dry, with a good balanced acidity that confers an excellent freshness to the wine. Creamy and full bodied with ripe fruit on the palate (melon, pear and apricot) and a persistent aftertaste. A wine with personality
- Manual picking by grape variety. Slight crushing of berries followed by a soft press. Prefermentative skin contact of the Riesling grape variety. Temperature controlled fermentation in stainless steel vats followed by ageing sur lees until February”
“Deep red with a violet hue colour. Vigorous nose, very intense and complex with ripe red and black wild fruits, with some elegant floral notes and a touch of vanilla and spices. Smooth front palate. Full bodied with some fine and silky tannins interlaced by a firm fruit structure. Long and persistent finish. A fine example of a terroir wine.”
“A red that suits good with moussaka. The of Maria Antónia Pinto de Azevedo Mascarenhas makes friends.
Red towards reddish brown. I liked its toasted aromas. On the palate reminiscent of leather, slightly burned vanilla.”
Deep red with a violet hue colour. Vigorous nose, very intense and complex with ripe red and black wild fruits, with some elegant floral notes and a touch of vanilla and spices. Smooth front palate. Full bodied with some fine and silky tannins interlaced by a firm fruit structure. Long and persistent finish. A fine example of a terroir wine.
- Winemaker: Rui Cunha
- Winemaking: Rigorous grape selection, total destemming, fermentation with daily pumping over and temperature control. Post fermentative maceration. This wine was aged in oak barrels for 20 months and was neither filtered nor cold-stabilized. It may throw a deposit.
- Grape Varieties: Touriga Nacional, Tinta Amarela, Cabernet Sauvignon.
- Food Pairing: This wine is a very good match for red meats and mature cheeses.
- Store and Serve Advices: Should be served at a temperature between 16 ºC a 18 ºC.”
“TASTING NOTES OF Valle Pradinhos 2008:
- View: intense red, violet reflections.
- Nose: a strong aroma of good intensity and complexity, very ripe black fruit, elegant light floral notes and a hint of spice and vanilla.
- Mouth: full-bodied wine, well fine, soft tannins, fruit. Persistent, broad and sweet finish.
VINEYARD: Casal de Valle Pradinhos
GRAPES: Touriga Nacional, Cabernet Sauvignon and Tinta Amarela.
WINE PAIRING: Red meat and cheese.
TEMPERATURE: 16-18 °C
ALCOHOL CONTENT: 14.5%”
“Tasting Notes: Wine with very intense red colour with violet. Displays strong aroma with good intensity and complexity which brings out the very ripe black berries, light elegant floral notes and a touch of spices and vanilla. The palate shows a full-bodied wine with good tannins fine and soft with fruit involved. Final persistent, wide and greedy. Wine of "terroir."?
Grapes: Touriga Nacional, Cabernet Sauvignon, Tinta Amarela
Pairing: Red Meat, Cheese.”