Pintia Double Magnum 2014Double Magnum
This product is not available in United Kingdom.
Take a look at the options we can offer you.
|Type Of Wine:||red wine|
|Vintage:||2014 Other vintages|
|Appellation:||Toro (Castilla y León, Spain)|
|Winery:||Bodegas y viñedos Pintia|
|Volume:||300cl Other volumes|
|Grapes:||Tinta de Toro|
Description of Pintia Double Magnum 2014
Pintia Double Magnum 2014 (Tinta de Toro)
- View: great color intensity and a deep layer.
- Nose: frank and expressive nose, intense forest fruit and well fused with a subtle wood aromas.
- Boca: with, especially fresh, with nerve, elegance and high path structure and very present personality.
VINEYARD: Vineyards located in the town of San Román de Hornija (Valladolid), 700 meters. Surface: 96 hectares. Soil formed on alluvial deposits with sand accumulations and quartzite in some plots.
GRAPES: 100% Tinta de Toro.
AGEING: between 12 and 14 months in barrels of French and American oak.
METHOD: Handpicked in boxes of 12 kilograms. To polish its aging, malolactic performed in 70% French oak barrels, 25% American oak and 5% by Hungarian oak, to finally rest in bottle to a perfect state for consumption.
PAIRING: steaks, other meats grilled beef with lamb, vegetable stews, casseroles as Asturian bean stew, cooked zancarrón and highlanders, Castilian or Madrid.
RECOMMENDED SERVING TEMPERATURE: 16 °C
How to serve
In 1995 and 1996 we started to think of a new winery and in the locations in Spain where it could be set up. Castilla y León has a large river, the Duero, which is where our two existing wineries, Vega Sicilia and Alion are located, and it flows into another great wine-producing region, Oporto. The region of Toro is not far from us 100 km away along the same river. It has been a famous wine-producing region for centuries and has enjoyed great prestige during important eras of its life.More about the Winery
Reviews of Pintia Double Magnum 2014
Dark red colour. Smell of ripe fruit compote. A wine with body.
- View: pillory.
- Nose: sharp, distinguished nose, aromas of ripe fruit (blackberries and blueberries), fine woods, spices and balsamic memories.
- Mouth: large, long, perfumed and rustic, tannic while friendly, liqueur aromas, sobremaduraciones, thanks to pinpoint acidity. Final laden with vanilla and blue flowers.
WINERY: Wineries and vineyards Pintia.
GRAPES: Tinta de Toro.
AGEING: Aged for 14 months in new French oak barrels (70%) and American (30%) and the rest in bottle.
PREPARATION: malolactic fermentation in barrel.
TEMPERATURE: 16-18 °C
ALCOHOL CONTENT: 15%