The Warwick Estate Three Cape Ladies is a red wine made by Warwick Estate from the region of Stellenbosch with pinotage and cabernet sauvignon grapes. According to Drinks&Co users, this red wine earns 4 out of 5 points.
Technical sheet · Warwick Estate Three Cape Ladies
“- James Bond makes no secret about his choice of drink with Warwick's 'Three Cape Ladies' red blend his preferred drink for seducing the lovely Felicity Willing in the James Bond novel, Carte Blanche by Jeffrey Deaver.
- Cassis and black plum dominate the primary aromas with complex layers of allspice, mace, cinnamon, cocoa powder and dried lavender.
- The palate is bursting with dark berry flavour with a spicy top note of cinnamon and fresh fennel.
- The opulent fruit is balanced out by the well-integrated acidity and chalky tannin.”
“- Each component of this Cape blend offers it's own qualities. This vintage shows an explosion of fruit on the nose which is largely attributable to the Cabernet sauvignon and Pinotage components.
- The Syrah is soft and sweet. The Cabernet Sauvignon is the backbone of the blend. Spicy stewed fruit and spicy ripe tannins with an innate softness and long lingering aftertaste. This blend brings the best of Pinotage to the classic French varieties and will age well for the next 15 years.
- Great served with rosemary marinated Lamb shank in buttered Polenta.”