Vergelegen Reserve Chardonnay 201775cl
Vergelegen Reserve Chardonnay 2017
Description of Vergelegen Reserve Chardonnay 2017
Vergelegen Reserve Chardonnay 2017 (Chardonnay)
- View: White wine shows an attractive yellow-green lemon.
- Nose: citrus, white peach, pineapple, spices, citrus flowers, apricot and toasted with butter.
- Mouth: The palate is long and elegant with a lively minerality. Citric vanilla flavor.
APPELLATION: Stellenbosch (Western Cape, South Africa).
PREPARATION: All wines are made with grapes from vineyards of the estate. Vergelegen is renowned for producing elegant and handcrafted wines and has a widely respected reputation for its environmental and sustainable practices. The unique combination of all the elements that make up the Vergelegen terroir is undoubtedly the key to producing the characteristic style of Vergelegen wine. The climate of growth is soft because of the proximity to the cold Atlantic Ocean at False Bay six kilometers away, with vineyards ranging in altitude between 140 m and 310 m above the level of the sea and slopes facing north-west and south southeast. With a rich variety of 21 types of soil, some of which are among the oldest agricultural soils in the world; vines have been established mainly in soils of Clovelly, Glenrosa and Pinedene. These soils are characterized by a high clay content, which guarantees good retention of water during the critical stage of maturation early summer. The design of the winery is based on principles of gentle handling, visual control, maximum insulation and flow of natural gravity.
WINE PAIRING: This wine is a good accompaniment to pork, rich fish (salmon, tuna ...), vegetarian dishes and poultry.
Reviews of Vergelegen Reserve Chardonnay 2017
- The taste is long and elegant with a lively minerality.
- Serve at 12 degrees Centigrade with crab, fresh trout, smoked salmon, crayfish or lobster.