Vergelegen Chardonnay 201875cl
Vergelegen Chardonnay 2018
Description of Vergelegen Chardonnay 2018
Vergelegen Chardonnay 2018 (Chardonnay)
- View: lemon yellow green and attractive.
- Nose: Nose of citrus, peach, tropical fruit and mineral tones.
- Mouth: long and full of delicate wood. Beautifully refined and elegant.
APPELLATION: Somerset West.
VINES: completely made from grapes grown in Rocklands sites, Rooiland, Slanghoek and Korhaan.
GRAPES: 100% Chardonnay.
AGEING: matured on the lees for 10 months before being bottled on 28 January.
PREPARATION: The grapes were pressed in whole bunches without any contact with the skins. Juice slightly clarified, accumulated in 20% new French oak barrels (Francois Frère, Dargaud & Jaegle and 80% barrels of second, third and fourth filling) for alcoholic fermentation, different vineyards were fermented in oak barrels.
WINE PAIRING: birds, white fish, vegetables and seafood.
Reviews of Vergelegen Chardonnay 2018
- The wine shows an attractive lemony yellow-green colour with a complex nose of citrus, vanilla, butterscotch, tropical fruit and mineral tones. The palate is long and full with delicate wooding.
- Beautifully refined and elegant.
Its intense colour attracted me. The Vergelegen Chardonnay shows exotic floral hints of jasmine. The grape had presence.
I would recommend it.