Rust en Vrede Cabernet Sauvignon 201875cl
Rust en Vrede Cabernet Sauvignon 2018
Description of Rust en Vrede Cabernet Sauvignon 2018
Rust en Vrede Cabernet Sauvignon 2018 (Cabernet Sauvignon)
- View: Red Color Crimson
- Nose: Aromas full of ripe strawberries, red and black cherries, blackberries and black currants. Helderberg beautiful and pure fruit. Elegant, earthy and savory notes
- Mouth: The texture is velvety richness of the fruit in balance held by its excellent tannin structure and juicy acidity gravel.
VINEYARD: Rust en Vrede Estate
GRAPES: Cabernet Sauvignon
AGEING: 18 months in 100% French oak (20% new, 20% filled the 2nd, 3rd filling 20%, 40% on the 4th filling).
PREPARATION: malolactic fermentation in barrel.
WINE PAIRING: Perfect with lamb, beef and poultry.
RECOMMENDED SERVING TEMPERATURE: 14 ° - 16 ° C
How to serve
Reviews of Rust en Vrede Cabernet Sauvignon 2018
- Palate- A firm tannin structure is in balance with red fruit and liquorice flavours supported by a subtle oak component which fills the mid palate and carries through to the finish.
- Established in 1694, Rust en Vrede is proud to be part of a remarkable three hundred year old wine tradition.
- Since 1977 the Engelbrecht family has specialized in the exclusive production of red wine, with the focus on Shiraz, Cabernet Sauvignon and Merlot.
- Proprietor Jean Engelbrecht has worked to establish Rust en Vrede as one of South Africa's premium red wine estates, with full-bodied and complex wines that reflect the uniqueness of its Helderberg terroir.
A Rust-en-Vrede Cabernet Sauvignon with toasty oak flavour.
A Stellenbosch with brown edges. It smells like sweets. It tasted ok.