Rust en Vrede Cabernet Sauvignon 201775cl
Rust en Vrede Cabernet Sauvignon 2018
Description of Rust en Vrede Cabernet Sauvignon 2017
Rust en Vrede Cabernet Sauvignon 2017 (Cabernet Sauvignon)
- View: crimson red.
- Nose: certain sweetness, aroma full of ripe strawberry, red and black cherries, blackberries and black currants.
- Mouth: elegant and savory earthy notes added.
GRAPES: Cabernet Sauvignon 100%.
AGEING: 18 months in French oak with 100% (20% new, 20% on the 2nd filling, filling 20% 3rd, the 4th 40% filling) 300l barrels medium toasted.
PREPARATION: malolactic fermentation in.
WINE PAIRING: Red meat.
RECOMMENDED SERVING TEMPERATURE: 14-16 ° C
Reviews of Rust en Vrede Cabernet Sauvignon 2017
- Palate- A firm tannin structure is in balance with red fruit and liquorice flavours supported by a subtle oak component which fills the mid palate and carries through to the finish.
- Established in 1694, Rust en Vrede is proud to be part of a remarkable three hundred year old wine tradition.
- Since 1977 the Engelbrecht family has specialized in the exclusive production of red wine, with the focus on Shiraz, Cabernet Sauvignon and Merlot.
- Proprietor Jean Engelbrecht has worked to establish Rust en Vrede as one of South Africa's premium red wine estates, with full-bodied and complex wines that reflect the uniqueness of its Helderberg terroir.
A Rust-en-Vrede Cabernet Sauvignon with toasty oak flavour.
A Stellenbosch with brown edges. It smells like sweets. It tasted ok.