Meerlust Rubicon 201275cl
Meerlust Rubicon 2017
Description of Meerlust Rubicon 2012
Meerlust Rubicon 2012
TASTING NOTES OF Meerlust Rubicon 2012:
- View: deep, very youthful, almost purple.
- Nose: typical note of licorice and stony minerality.
- Mouth: full-bodied, structured and very elegant tannins, vibrant dark fruit, creamy fruit tannins.
VINEYARD: Meerlust Wine Estate
GRAPES: 63% Cabernet Sauvignon, 18% Merlot, 14% Cabernet Franc and Petit Verdot 5%.
WINE PAIRING: venison, game, pot roast and noble.
TEMPERATURE: 18-20 °C
ALCOHOL CONTENT: 14.4%
Reviews of Meerlust Rubicon 2012
Meerlust Rubicon 2015
- Very classic Rubicon nose with violets, ripe plum, cedar wood and intense spiciness.
- Still young and still intense, promising further maturation potential.
- The palate is full bodied, structured but packed with fresh dark fruit and rounded, linear tannins.
Nice and pretty colour. The 2017 smells like violets. Salty touch, like the sea, cool.
We had it with a deer stew.