Elaboration of Meerlust Red Stellenbosh 2014
Meerlust Red Stellenbosh 2014 (Cabernet Sauvignon and Merlot)
TASTING NOTES OF Meerlust Red Stellenbosh 2014:
- View: dark violet, a violet edge.
- Nose: Expressive nose, ripe fruit, black currant, plums, spices and floral aromas high.
- Mouth: medium body, flavors of cassis, vanilla and black chocolate, soft, silky tannins and fresh acidity.
VINES: Meerlust Wine Estate
GRAPES: Cabernet Sauvignon and Merlot.
PAIRING: barbecue and red meat.
ALCOHOL CONTENT: 14%
Reviews of Meerlust Red Stellenbosh 2014
- The nose is expressive with ripe blackcurrant fruit, plums, spice and lifted floral aromas.
- On the palate it is medium-bodied with flavours of cassis, vanilla and dark chocolate.
- The tannins are soft and silky, the acidity fresh and the flavour profile focused and linear.
- The wine has a persistent and long-lasting aftertaste.
- 52% Merlot, 27% Cabernet Franc, 12% Cabernet Sauvignon and 9% Petit Verdot.
Meerlust Red 2013
It has a dark red colour. A smell quite well. Sweet and fruity taste.