Elaboration of Meerlust Red Stellenbosh 2013
Meerlust Red Stellenbosh 2013
TASTING NOTES OF Meerlust Red 2013:
- View: dark purple, violet trim.
- Nose: expressive nose, ripe fruit of black currants, plums, spices and floral aromas.
- Mouth: medium bodied with flavors of cassis, vanilla and black chocolate, soft tannins and silky, fresh acidity
VINEYARD: Meerlust Wine Estate
GRAPES: 52% Merlot, 27% Cabernet Franc, Cabernet Sauvignon 12% and 9% Petit Verdot.
WINE PAIRING: BBQ dishes.
ALCOHOL CONTENT: 14%
Reviews of Meerlust Red Stellenbosh 2013
- The nose is expressive with ripe blackcurrant fruit, plums, spice and lifted floral aromas.
- On the palate it is medium-bodied with flavours of cassis, vanilla and dark chocolate.
- The tannins are soft and silky, the acidity fresh and the flavour profile focused and linear.