Elaboration of Meerlust Red Stellenbosh 2011
Meerlust Red Stellenbosh 2011 (Cabernet Sauvignon and Merlot)
- View: Meerlust Red 2011 has an intense dark purple color with violet edges, bright, lively and youthful in the glass.
- Nose: The nose is expressive with powerful aromas of cassis, plum, exotic spices and hints of floral aromas.
- Mouth: On the palate the wine is medium bodied with intense flavors of crushed black fruit, cassis, vanilla and black chocolate. The tannins are soft and silky, fresh acidity, the flavor profile is focused and linear. The wine has a persistent and long-lasting aftertaste.
TEMPERATURE: 18 to 20 º C
AGING POTENTIAL: 15 to 20 years after the date of harvest
PAIRING: with venison, game, roast and noble cheese
WINEMAKING: The grapes were fermented separately before undergoing malolactic fermentation in new oak casks seasoned before selection, blending and bottling. The 2011 Red Meerlust was aged in 55% new Nevers and 45% second
DEGREE OF ALCOHOL: 14%
WINERY: Meerlust Wine Estate
GRAPES: 52% Merlot, 33% Cabernet Sauvignon, 10% Cabernet Franc, 5% Petit Verdot
Reviews of Meerlust Red Stellenbosh 2011
Meerlust Red 2014
- The nose is expressive with ripe blackcurrant fruit, plums, spice and lifted floral aromas.
- On the palate it is medium-bodied with flavours of cassis, vanilla and dark chocolate.
- The tannins are soft and silky, the acidity fresh and the flavour profile focused and linear.
- The wine has a persistent and long-lasting aftertaste.
- 52% Merlot, 27% Cabernet Franc, 12% Cabernet Sauvignon and 9% Petit Verdot.