Meerlust Red 201775cl
Meerlust Red 2018
Description of Meerlust Red 2017
Meerlust Red 2017 (Cabernet Sauvignon and Merlot)
- View: Given this wine has an intense color, dark purple with violet reflections.
- Nose: The nose is powerful expression, florares aromas, exotic species.
- Mouth: In the mouth is medium bodied with intense flavors of black fruit, with light hints of vanilla and dark chocolate. Tannins are smooth, fresh acidity is a long finish.
PREPARATION: The harvest is manual and is malolitica fermentation in new oak seasoned, before selection, blending and bottling. 2017 Meerlust Red was aged in French oak barrels for 16 months seasoned Nevers.
WINE PAIRING: We recommend pairing this wine with game meats, roasted potatoes and cheeses.
RECOMMENDED SERVING TEMPERATURE: 17-20ºC
How to serve
Reviews of Meerlust Red 2017
Meerlust Red 2014
- The nose is expressive with ripe blackcurrant fruit, plums, spice and lifted floral aromas.
- On the palate it is medium-bodied with flavours of cassis, vanilla and dark chocolate.
- The tannins are soft and silky, the acidity fresh and the flavour profile focused and linear.
- The wine has a persistent and long-lasting aftertaste.
- 52% Merlot, 27% Cabernet Franc, 12% Cabernet Sauvignon and 9% Petit Verdot.