Meerlust Red 201075cl
Meerlust Red 2017
Description of Meerlust Red 2010
Meerlust Red 2010 (Cabernet Sauvignon and Merlot)
TASTING NOTES OF Meerlust Red 2010:
- View: Medium ruby red, cherry red.
- Nose: intense nose of cassis and mocha touch of creamy oak and baking spice, mineral, earthy notes.
- Mouth: lively acidity. juicy plum, cassis fruit and silky tannins. Excellent length.
VINEYARD: Meerlust Wine Estate
GRAPES: Cabernet Sauvignon, Merlot.
PAIRING: grilled meats and strong cheeses.
TEMPERATURE: 18-20 °C
ALCOHOL CONTENT: 14%
Reviews of Meerlust Red 2010
Meerlust Red 2014
- The nose is expressive with ripe blackcurrant fruit, plums, spice and lifted floral aromas.
- On the palate it is medium-bodied with flavours of cassis, vanilla and dark chocolate.
- The tannins are soft and silky, the acidity fresh and the flavour profile focused and linear.
- The wine has a persistent and long-lasting aftertaste.
- 52% Merlot, 27% Cabernet Franc, 12% Cabernet Sauvignon and 9% Petit Verdot.