Description of Ken Forrester Petit Pinotage 2019
Ken Forrester Petit Pinotage 2019 (Pinotage)
- View: Intense ruby red color with purple hues.
- Nose: strawberries, banana, cherry and rhubarb.
- Mouth: Flavor dry, light-bodied, slightly acid and some tannins. Its finish is short and has notes of cherry and raspberry.
APPELLATION: Stellenbosch (South Africa).
VINEYARD: Ken Forrester.
AGEING: Matures in French oak barrels for a few months to add complexity and structure to the wine.
PREPARATION: The grapes are harvested by hand and fermented in barrels of oak for a few months.
WINE PAIRING: Perfect accompany red meat, spicy food, ripe and hard cheeses, white meats, casseroles, stews and spicy dishes.
RECOMMENDED SERVING TEMPERATURE: 12-14 ° C
How to serve
Reviews of Ken Forrester Petit Pinotage 2019
- Juicy and accessible with a soft palate and delicious fruit concentration.
- Can be served with a generous slice of pizza or a barbeque or a 'braai' as our South African friends would call it.
- 100% Pinotage.
Intense ruby red. Especially noticeable smoky aromas in this Ken Forrester. It was light but tastes like blackberries.
I didn't pair it with anything.