Elaboration of Idiom Bordeaux Blend 2013
Idiom Bordeaux Blend 2013 (Cabernet Sauvignon, Merlot and Petit Verdot)
- View: beautiful and bright deep cherry red with violet hues.
- Nose: a mixture multi-clone noble varieties. A intriguing aromas of ripe black cherries, leather and tea leaves are followed by notes of cedar, blackberry and cassis character characteristic.
- Mouth: a serious wine, tight and with a long, lingering finish. A wine with a great pedigree that will reward the winery.
APPELLATION: DO Stellenbosch, South Africa.
VINEYARD: Idiom Ltda.
GRAPES: 61% Cabernet Sauvignon, Merlot 17%, 17% Cabernet Franc, 5% Petit Verdot.
AGEING: the wine is moved to 225L barrels, 45% new French oak barrels of 225L during 14 months of maturation.
PREPARATION: these grapes were received and cold maceration six days before the fermentation in stainless steel tanks. Fermented at between 24-28 ° C for 1 week and a half.
WINE PAIRING: Grilled red meats.
RECOMMENDED SERVING TEMPERATURE: 15-18 ° C
In 1920– Domenico Bottega. Distilleria Bottega has a three-generation history of people dealing with wine and grappa behind itself. In the 1920s, Domenico Bottega was a wine trader.More about the Winery
Reviews of Idiom Bordeaux Blend 2013
- Full bodied blend of Cabernet sauvignon (43%), Merlot (31%) and Cabernet franc (25%).
- These grapes received six days cold pre-fermentation maceration prior to fermentation in stainless steel tanks. The wine was then moved into 225L barrels, 50% new French and Hungarian oak for 14 months maturation.
- Grape: Cabernet Sauvignon 43%, Merlot 31%, and Cabernet Franc 25%.