Glenelly Lady May 201375cl
Glenelly Lady May 2013
Description of Glenelly Lady May 2013
Glenelly Lady May 2013 (Cabernet Sauvignon)
- View: Deep ruby red.
- Nose: aromas of red fruits.
- Mouth: Refined and recorded with minerals, it is fresh, elegant and subtle, with dense tannins worthy of age and a long finish and tight.
GRAPES: 85% Cabernet Sauvignon, Cabernet Franc 7%, 4% Petit Verdot, 4% Merlot
AGEING: Matured for 24 months in new French oak barrels. During aging, the wine is clarified with natural egg whites and bottled later.
PREPARATION: The grapes were pressed slightly in stainless steel tanks.
WINE PAIRING: Ideal to serve with grilled meats, pasta, casseroles.
RECOMMENDED SERVING TEMPERATURE: 16 ° C
How to serve
Reviews of Glenelly Lady May 2013
- Fresh and vibrant, the evolution of the wine introduces flavours specific to Glenelly's terroir. Deeply coloured and perfectly balanced, the wine displays an exquisite structure with velvety tannins and a very good aging capability.
- The grapes were lightly crushed into stainless steel tanks. The fermentation was done by natural yeast with a mixture of rack and returns and open pump overs.
- We did post fermentation skin contact for 2-3 weeks and pressed gently. Malolactic fermentation occurred in French oak barrels. The wine stayed on the lees for a long period of time before racking.
- Racked on average every 4 months. Matured for 24 months in new French oak barrels. During the aging, the wine is clarified with natural egg whites and bottled later.
- Can age during 12 to 18 years
- Post 2009 harvest temperature to January were higher.
- Cool Winter ensured a good bud burst, it was 9 days early.
- Cool conditions during berry set lead to loose bunches.
- Berry size was smaller than other years.
- December was characterized by a warm and dry climate.
- Good analysis was achieved, especially PH.
- Good wine quality.
- Harvested by hand from early to mid March.
- 90% Cabernet Sauvignon, 10% Petit Verdot.
At the sight it is red ruby. The Glenelly Lady May exudes aromas of violets. Although I prefer less sweet wines, this one it was good.
Glenelly Lady May 2012
Red with violet reflections. Complex scents of chocolate and toffee. The mild flavour and the chocolate were present.
A wine of Glenelly will fix any meal.