Ernie Els Wines Signature Bordeaux Blend 201475cl
Ernie Els Wines Signature Bordeaux Blend 2014
Description of Ernie Els Wines Signature Bordeaux Blend 2014
Ernie Els Wines Signature Bordeaux Blend 2014 (Cabernet Sauvignon)
- View: dark in the center with a crimson edge.
- Nose: pencil shavings, wet earth, cedar, dry leaves and a variety of sweet fruits.
- Mouth: new oak well integrated into a richly concentrated palate with tannins dry but detailed a classic contrast of hues, richly fruit pure and modern style.
VINEYARD: all the fruit comes from the property of Ernie Els Wines, whose vineyards growing on the slopes warm-oriented northern region within the denomination Helderberg Stellenbosch. The Clovelly Hutton soils contain a high gravel content that offers a rich mid-palate weight, which gives this wine a depth and purity of exceptional fruit.
GRAPES: 60% Cabernet Sauvignon, Merlot 25%, Cabernet Franc 5%, 5% Malbec Petit Verdot 5%.
AGEING: aged for 20 months in French oak barrels of 300 liters (80% new)
PREPARATION: grapes hand harvested in the cool of the morning. Whole berries are fermented in open tanks and barrels with intermittent pumping and drilling to ensure a balance between taste, color and tannin extraction from the skins. All ferments are controlled carefully during fermentation to ensure that all natural aromas and flavors are preserved and highlighted as necessary. After the primary fermentation, some tanks and barrels undergo prolonged maceration as needed.
Reviews of Ernie Els Wines Signature Bordeaux Blend 2014
- Nuances of fig jam, cigar box and meat spice slowly arise from the glass, complemented by ripe red cherries and a hint of fine milk chocolate.
- The palate is supported by ultra-fine, layered tannins that are seemingly wrapped in mixed red berry fruits. Pure and elegant, the finish lingers with juicy cassis and a salty, mineral tail.
- Time in the glass uncovers notes of candied orange, cardamom, clove and dark olives, leading to an intense palate that shines with graphite and cassis.
- It has a towering structure built on a foundation of crunchy tannins and pure fruit, all solidified by fine yet spicy oak.
- Long and rewarding, the tail finally ends with a touch of salted licorice.
- This is best cellared for 5 to 10 years as the heady tannins integrate further.