Ernie Els Wines Big Easy Blend 2017
Ernie Els Wines (Stellenbosch)
Product not available in United Kingdom
+ £4.46 Shipping (3 - 4 days)
Save £3.20! (-17%)
Shipping: Vinello (Germany)
£ You will receive 0.24 points for each unit bought
Only 3 units left!
Technical sheet · Ernie Els Wines Big Easy Blend
If you liked Ernie Els Wines Big Easy Blend 2017, you may also enjoy...
Description · Ernie Els Wines
Ernie Els Wines Big Easy Blend 2017 (Cabernet Sauvignon, Mourvedre, Viognier and Cinsault)
- View: This berry-red wine shines in all shades of red in the right lighting. This unique colour is due to the large variety of grapes used in this wine.
- Nose: A fruit-juicy scent, with a tinge of alcohol, is the main scent of this wine. One fruit scent that stands out is that of cherries. Other scents include chocolate, vanilla, and pepper.
- Mouth: On the palate, bold fruit flavours, namely of cherries, dominate the tongue. Peppery oak spices cut the sweetness of the berries. All this is followed by a chalky aftertaste.
VINEYARD: The Ernie Els winery is located in South Africa. The winery has several vineyards nearby that supply the grapes used in this wine. Since the vineyards are all in the same region, they were all treated to a cold dry winter and a warm dry summer.
GRAPES: 60% Shiraz, 20% Cabernet Sauvignon, 5% Grenache, 5% Cinsaut, 5% Mouvedre, and 5% Voignier.
AGEING: The wine is first fermented in stainless steel tanks and later moved to oak barrels for 14 months. Drinkers may choose to continue to bottle-age this wine for up to five years.
PREPARATION: The grapes were first destemmed and crushed. The wine when fermented in stainless steel tanks. Yeast was added to aid in the fermentation. The maceration period is between 10-15 days before the wine is aged further in oak barrels for 14 months.
PAIRING: This wine pairs best with red meat, including steaks and roasts.
RECOMMENDED SERVING TEMPERATURE: 15-18°C
Ernie Els Wines
Buy Ernie Els Wines Wine:
More reviews about Ernie Els Wines Big Easy Blend 2017
Posted on 11/04/19 at 04.31
- The dry vintage was conducive to producing a superbly concentrated, beguiling wines that dazzle the senses.
- It is a shade darker with a black core, offering a brooding nose that takes time to unfold. Complexity is revealed with elegantly ripe blackberry, liquorice, fine Chinese spice and smoked herbs.
- A majority of Shiraz cloaks the palate with fruit-laden tannins, covered in melted milk chocolate and Morello cherries. 20% Cabernet Sauvignon adds a backbone of minerality and definition, while equal parts of Cinsault, Mouvèdre, Grenache and Viognier add a Mediterranean feel.
- It shows solid grip and power in its youth, suggesting up to a decade of maturation.
Summary of ratings
Reviews about other vintages
Reviews about Ernie Els Wines Big Easy Blend 2016
Intense ruby tone. The outstanding flavour is of red roses, without any doubt.. Oily, unctuous.
We paired it with meat but I would have prefered to pair it with another dish.