José Maria da Fonseca produces this Hexagon , a red wine from Setubal with trincadeira, touriga nacional, touriga franca, tinto cão, syrah and tannat grapes. According to Drinks&Co users, this red wine earns 4 out of 5 points.
“18 pts Vinho Grandes Escolhas - Colour Deep black. Aroma of Raspberries, violets, black chocolate, minty, figs and integrated oak. Palate Very elegant, soft, fruity, complex and with an acidity well balanced. Finish Very long”
“- Hexagon Red 2008 is produced from Trincadeira, Touriga Nacional, Touriga Franca, Tinto Cão, Syrah and Tannat, all planted in José Maria da Fonsecavineyards on the Setubal Peninsula
- A powerful and complex wine
- Vinification: The grapes are footrodden in stainless steel “lagares” and fermented with full skin contact at temperatures of 28ºC during 6 days. The alcoholic fermentation is finished in oak casks. It undergoes bâtonnage for the next 3 months.
- Grape Varieties: 15% Syrah, 35% Touriga Nacional, 17% Touriga Franca, 13% Trincadeira, 10% Tinto Cão, 10%Tannat.
- Ageing: 420 days in new French oak casks.
- Tasting Notes:
- Colour: Deep black
- Aroma: Raspberries, violets, black chocolate, minty, figs and integrated oak
- Palate: Very elegant, soft, fruity, complex and with an acidity well balanced
- Finish: Very long
- Serving Suggestions: Should be decanted and served with game and cheese at a temperature of 16ºC. This wine may throw sediment with age.
- Tartaric Acid (gr/l): 5,85
- pH: 3,55
- Temperature: 12ºC
- Humidity: 60%
- Shelf Life: 16 years after bottling