Elaboration of Langlois Château Saumur 2017
Langlois Château Saumur 2017 (Cabernet Franc)
- View: Deep ruby color.
- Nose: intense nose, aromas of white fruits and exotic fruits.
- Mouth: Attack acidulated, wide mouth, fruity and round. Final citrus.
APPELLATION: Saumur (Loire, France).
VINEYARD: Langlois Chateau.
GRAPES: 100% Cabernet Franc grapes.
AGEING: 4 months on fine lees with bâtonnage.
PREPARATION: After harvesting, the grapes are completely destemmed and maceration was carried out for 15 days. Fermentation was carried out in tanks with temperature control. Assemble wines allows exalting its qualities, it is a combination that, when mastered, reveals the typical characteristics of the terroir and allows each of the parts assembled its most beautiful expression.
WINE PAIRING: This subtle and elegant wine is the ideal companion to grilled meat, chicken, soft cheese, fish, crustaceans cooked or raw and some cheeses.
RECOMMENDED SERVING TEMPERATURE: 8-10 ° C
Reviews of Langlois Château Saumur 2017
- Well balanced with a long finish.
- Let your self be charmed by it as a young wine or enjoy its full potential after several years of ageing.
- Serve with grilled meat, poultry and soft cheese.
- In 1982, Bernard Leroux produced the first vintage of the wine which was to be the Domaine Langlois-Chateau red and white. Since then, and as a result of the success that it has had, Langlois-Chateau has incresed its vineyard holding in the Saumur area and consistantly increased the quality of the wines.This wine is produced with fruit from the Coudray-Macouard and St-Florent vineyards (a total of 20 hectares). Following the harvest, the grapes were totally destemmed and then maceration took place for 15 days. Fermentation was undertaken in tanks at controlled a temperature.
Langlois-Chateau Saumur Rouge 2014
I would have accompanied it with a fatty fish.
It was served at a wedding.