Matusalem & Co (Rum)
Product not available in United States
Founded in 1872, Matusalem is a rum with a biblical name. There is a proverb in Spanish that they use to say something is as old as the hills: "más viejo que Matusalén". Since Methuselah lived to be 969 years old, that is quite a feat to achieve. It is also quite the name to give to your brand of rum. This name shows the importance that ageing plays in the production of the Matusalem line of rums.
The brothers who founded the distillery were Spaniards who brought with them the knowledge of the Spanish solera and criaderas system of making sherry. Matusalem 10 Year Old is just one of the classic golden rums made by Matusalem. This rum is left to age for 10 years in the solera system, meaning that the younger rum is mixed in with an older rum so that is can absorb the personality and flavour of its older sibling, saving it the years of maturation it would take to get to that point otherwise.
Matusalem 10 Year Old is perfect to enjoy on its own or as part of your favourite cocktail to see what extra flavours it can bring to the table. Its solera ageing gives it a leg up over similarly aged rum.
If you liked Matusalem 10 Años, you may also enjoy...
Description · Matusalem & Co
Matusalem 10 Años
- Colour: Honey brown tones
- Smell: Intense aromas of vanilla milk.
- Taste: Smooth, full-bodied, elegant.
ALCOHOL: 40% Vol
Country: Dominican Republic
Matusalem & Co
Buy Matusalem & Co Spirits:
Highlighted review about Matusalem 10 Años
Posted on 28/11/18 at 16.23
More reviews about Matusalem 10 Años
Posted on 05/12/18 at 13.42
- Color: Matusalem Clasico is honey coloured with brown tones produced by the Solera.
- Smell: The nose is intense with a bouquet reminiscent dairy flavours of vanilla, coconut...
Posted on 21/01/17 at 05.44
Posted on 23/09/15 at 05.38
I found it blameless
Posted on 13/04/15 at 12.17
- Color: Matusalem 10 Años is honey coloured with brown tones
- Smell: the nose is intense aromas of vanilla milk.
- Mouth: The palate is thin-bodied, elegant.
WINEMAKING: It is...
Posted on 13/03/14 at 05.41