La Hechicera (Rum)
La Hechicera Fine Aged
- 30/08/17 |
- 4 /
- It is the brainchild of the Riascos family from Colombia, a family with a wealth of experience in rum sourcing, ageing and blending.
- La Hechicera is an 'unpolished' rum, which means it retains the genuine qualities of the noble wood it breathes, it has not been rounded up with additives or sugar, its smoothness has been mellowing for decades.
- The process is true to the traditional way of making rum so that it does not require any polishing or 'nishing' to make it more palatable; any additive would only opaque its innate brilliance.
- "Hechicera" is Spanish for "Enchantress".
- Flavour; deep woodiness with characterful notes of things Colombian; a heady scent of toffee and orange peel on the nose followed by a bold burst of flavour on the palate with distinctive notes of tobacco and roasted coffee. Its ending is crisp and smooth.
- La Hechicera is best enjoyed neat or on the rocks.