Belondrade y Lurton 2017
Belondrade y Lurton (Rueda)
Product not available in United Kingdom
£33.92 + £4.31 Shipping (3 - 4 days)
Shipping: GrauOnline (Spain)
£ You will receive 0.52 points for each unit bought
Belondrade y Lurton, a white wine from the Rueda Denomination of Origin, is made with Verdejo grapes from the 2017 harvest. This is undoubtedly the flagship of the brand, a blend of grapes that come from 22 plots in La Seca located at 750 meters above sea level. The continental character of these lands means the grapes are exposed to many hours of sun during the day and cold temperatures at night. Each plot is harvested by hand and fermented with wild yeasts, aging separately for 10 months in French oak barrels. Then the best lots are selected and mixed in the final blend that will be bottled and rested in the cellar for at least 5 months.
As you can see, this wine offers you the chance to savor a painstakingly produced wine, a Verdejo that will enchant you. Uncork the bottle and give it time to take a breath and reach your glass dressed in its bright yellow color with greenish reflections. Inhale the peach aroma with elegant memories of well integrated wood.
If you compare the first vintages of the wine with the most recent Belondrade y Lurton, you will see for yourself that the 2017 is more subtle and fresh than the first, but the wine has not lost the complex essence and the great aging capacity of its original character. Now you can have in your wine cellar: without a doubt, one of the best wines in Spain, a pioneer in its style and a great reference among high quality Spanish whites.
Technical sheet · Belondrade y Lurton
|Type Of Wine:||white wine|
|Vintage:||2017 Other vintages|
|Appellation:||Rueda (Castilla y León,Spain)|
|Winery:||Belondrade y Lurton|
|Pairing:||MeatFishStartersCheeseWhite meatBirdsBluefishWhitefishSoft cheese|
If you liked Belondrade y Lurton 2017, you may also enjoy...
Description · Belondrade y Lurton
Belondrade y Lurton 2017 (Verdejo)
TASTING NOTES OF Belondrade y Lurton 2017:
- View: clean bright yellow, thin tear.
- Nose: Fresh and elegant nose, notes of stone fruit, white flowers and hay. Presence of well integrated smoky notes, toast and small hints of vanilla.
- Mouth: unctuous and structured with a lingering but fresh and slightly saline end, citrus character, a slightly bitter finish.
AGEING: 10 months in French oak barrels and 5 months minimum in bottle
PAIRING: vegetables and salads, shellfish, seafood and cheeses tender pasta.
ALCOHOL CONTENT: 13.5%
Belondrade y Lurton
The winery Belondrade, SL was founded in 1994 with the idea of moving the Burgundian techniques the Verdejo grape. Directed by Didier Belondrade, a Frenchman in love with Spain, interested in the native Verdejo grape and its ability to foster intuited, produced in 1994 his first crop of...
Buy Belondrade y Lurton Wine:
Highlighted review about Belondrade y Lurton 2017
Posted on 11/07/19 at 12.19
Belondrade y Lurton 2017
More reviews about Belondrade y Lurton 2017
Posted on 15/09/18 at 20.03
Requires to paire with seafood.
I discovered this wine with my best friend.
Posted on 09/07/19 at 17.03
white wine with a wine and celling aged for 10 months in barrels of French oak.
This wine is the result of an "assemblage" that over 3 or 5 years develop the nuances of a great wine Guarda.
TEMPERATURE: 10 to 13ºC
RECOMMENDATIONS: decanting before serving
Posted on 06/05/19 at 15.03
- This wine is made with the variety of Verdejo grapes from vineyards located 800 meters high, marked by a continental climate, characterized by short, hot summers and cold winters.
- Its color is pale yellow with golden hues.
- It offers aromas of white fruit with hints of citrus, followed by floral notes and toasted memories.
- In the mouth it has a silky and velvety.
- It has good acidity that brings freshness.
- Its finish is subtly bitter.
- This wine is aged in French oak barrels with its lees for a period of 10 months and remains between 5 and 6 months in bottle before release for sale in the market.
Summary of ratings
Reviews about other vintages
Reviews about Belondrade y Lurton 2016
Reviews about Belondrade y Lurton 2015
Grapefruit, spices, coconut, mint, round, intense, long. 93 points