Description of Castello Banfi Rosso di Montalcino 2018
Castello Banfi Rosso di Montalcino 2018 (Sangiovese)
- View: bright ruby red color with purple hues.
- Nose: Soft and sweets, especially strawberries, grapes, blackberries and cherry, smoked oak wood, lavender, licorice and cinnamon red fruit aromas.
- Mouth: It has a medium body, with floral notes and frutalesa blackberries, lavender, fresh strawberries and jam. The finish is fresh and mildly sweet on the palate.
APPELLATION: Rosso di Montalcino (Tuscany, Italy).
VINEYARD: Castello Banfi.
AGEING: Madura for 10-12 months, a part in barrels and another in large oak barrels and then refined in bottle for a minimum of 6 months.
PREPARATION: Selected grapes are fermented at controlled temperatures in steel tanks and wood Horizon with an average maceration of between 7 and 10 days.
WINE PAIRING: Red meat roasted fillet of lamb, pork roast, stew hunting, cured meats, desserts and dried red fruit, pasta sauces meat and mushrooms, and grilled vegetables.
RECOMMENDED SERVING TEMPERATURE: 16-18 ° C
Banfi in Montalcino has been a point of reference for anyone in the world dealing with wine production for over thirty years. Defined in its time as "the greatest project that has ever been realized in the production of quality wines", it was founded in 1978 thanks to the will of the Italian American brothers John and Harry Mariani - former owners of Banfi Vintners, one of the most important import companies of American wines. The property, located on the southern slope of the municipality of Montalcino, occupies 2,830 hectares of which 850 are home to specialized vineyards.More about the Winery
Reviews of Castello Banfi Rosso di Montalcino 2018
Would pair it with some kind of special meat.
I was invited by a friend to try this Castello Banfi Rosso Di Montalcino.
- View: ruby red.
- Nose: Rich bouquet, aromas of cherry and blackberry, very well integrated with notes of snuff and licorice.
- Mouth: silky structure, envelope, good and consistent acidity, long and smooth aftertaste.
GRAPES: Sangiovese 100%.
AGEING: After a period of 12 months aging in French oak barrels, its refinement in the bottle occurs.
PREPARATION: The selected grapes are vinified at controlled in combined steel and wooden vats Horizon half maceration (7-10 days) temperature.
If decanting the Castello Banfi Rosso Di Montalcino from 2010, tastes better.