You will like to know that…
Originally, the wines from the wine cellar, Viña Cubillas, has been called Vendimia Especial ('Special yield'). The vines are situated on an altitude of 465 m with an average age of 40 años. Due to the quality of the vineyard's soils, climate and the vines, this cellar could be perfectly used to produce Grandes Reservas. But the winery decided to dedicate these vines specifically for the yearly production of Crianzas just like this Viña Cubillo Crianza 2006.
|Type Of Wine:||red wine|
|Vintage:||2006 Other vintages|
|Appellation:||Rioja (La Rioja, Spain)|
|Winery:||Viña Tondonia - Bodegas R. López de Heredia|
|Grapes:||Tempranillo (65%), Garnacha, Graciano, Mazuelo|
|Ending Year For Optimal Consumption:||2017|
Elaboration of Viña Cubillo 2006
Viña Cubillo 2006 (Tempranillo, Garnacha, Graciano and Mazuelo)
- View: Bright ruby red.
- Nose: Fresh and delicate aroma of licorice with consistent texture and persistent aroma.
- Mouth: Smooth, fresh and persistent.
VINEYARD: Viña Tondonia - Bodegas López de Heredia
GRAPES: Garnacha, Tempranillo, Mazuelo, Graciano
AGING: 3 years, being racked twice a year. Clarified with egg whites. The rest, bottled unfiltered, bottle of 75 cl Bordeaux. and 37,5 cl.
PAIRING: All kinds of vegetables, tapas and snacks.
TEMPERATURE: 18-20 ° C
ALCOHOL CONTENT: 13%
How to serve
Viña Tondonia is choice, and love. 2 words that became the Bible of wines, maximum R. López de Heredia Viña Tondonia has been and is preaching for over a century. More than one hundred years in which, through four generations and despite continuous and tempting offers from multinational companies to absorb all these types of businesses, R. López de Heredia Viña Tondonia winery remains a family home in which the four generations that have gone, have pursued the highest philosophy and social work and implemented by its founder more than 132 years.More about the Winery
Reviews of Viña Cubillo 2006
- Fresh and slight aroma to licorice with consistent texture and persistent aroma.
- The taste is smooth, fresh and persistent.
- Classified by The Regulating Council as Excellent as well as the previous year. This harvest was not only good in quality but in quantity both in their own vineyards and in the whole D.O. Rioja. Out of the 170 ha. that they own, in 2005 they had 154 in production.
- The volume of the harvest in 2005 was slighly smaller than 2004, due to the polinization. The vegetative cycle was perfect with no problems during all year. The harvest started 10 days in advance from a normal year starting on September 24th with the White grapes and on September 27th with the red grapes in Vina Tondonia.
- Finished harvesting Vina Cubillo on October 22nd. Suffered a big storm on October the 12th that delayed the finalizing but didn't damage the quality.
- The grapes entered the winery with a good concentration of colour, balance of alcohol content and acidity and good colour intensity.
- All of this made great wines with high vocation of ageing.