Viña Arana Gran Reserva 201275cl
This product is not available in United Kingdom.
Take a look at the options we can offer you.
Discover More About Our Products
The Viña Arana Gran Reserva 2012 is an excellent red wine from La Rioja Alta. This estate is a real jewel among the venerable Spanish wineries. It was founded in 1890 in the town of Haro and has remained the property of the family until today. The production, mainly in tempranillo, is strictly limited.
This red wine is characterised by aromas of ripe red and black fruits, with notes of ageing in wood, particularly vanilla, tobacco and caramel. On the palate, it is fresh, structured and very balanced. It has soft tannins and an elegant and complex finish.
Its freshness, intensity, undeniable quality and great potential have earned it * multiple awards*. For example, this wine received 97 points from Decanter, 96 points from Peñin, 95 points from J. Suckling and 94 points from ABC.
Description of Viña Arana Gran Reserva 2012
Viña Arana Gran Reserva 2012 (Graciano, Mazuelo and Tempranillo)
- View: dark ruby red color with purple hues.
- Nose: Intense aroma, with sweet and fresh notes of ripe red fruits, wild flowers, chocolate, caramel, vanilla and red berries.
- Mouth: fine, complex and good acidity, soft tannins on the palate and light notes of red fruit flavor.
APPELLATION: Rioja (La Rioja, Spain).
VINEYARD: La Rioja Alta.
GRAPES: Graciano and Tempranillo.
AGEING: 14 months in barrels of French oak, in contact with its lees.
PREPARATION: The grapes are harvested by hand, destemmed, are squeezed in a traditional way, you cold soaked for 25 days, and fermented in stainless steel tanks, where alcoholic fermentation at a controlled temperature of 28 ° C occurs.
PAIRING: Appetizers, canapes, roasted red meats, poultry, stews, pastas, vegetables and blue cheese.
How to serve
On July 10, 1890, five Basque and Rioja-based vine growers created "Sociedad Vinicola De La Rioja Alta" in what is known as the Haro Station District. This was the beginning of a fascinating business venture in which the only dream of the five founders was to craft and age high-quality wines.More about the Winery
Reviews of Viña Arana Gran Reserva 2012
- 2012 was marked by drought in Rioja until rains arrived in September, refreshing the vines and allowing the grapes to attain perfect ripeness with superb concentration of flavour. These excellent conditions lead directly to the creation of Arana Gran Reserva.
- The wine was named after one of the families that have long been at the helm of La Rioja Alta, a company founded in 1895. This wine will replace the original Arana Reserva, whose last vintage was 2011, and will only be made in vintages that meet the winemaker's high standards.