Elaboration of Sela Magnum 2012
Sela Magnum 2012 (Tempranillo and Graciano)
TASTING NOTES OF Sela Magnum 2012:
- View: middle layer of cherry red background and bright red trim.
- Nose: aromas of red fruits like cherry, peach slight feeling of finely spicy character, feeling a slight mineral and herbs.
- Mouth: bulky feel of ripe cherries. Good quality tannins in the aftertaste a pleasant feeling of freshness. Great length.
GRAPES: 96% Tempranillo and Graciano 4%.
TEMPERATURE: 16-18 °C
In the Rioja, where there seemed to be nothing left to achieve, in Haro's world famous century-old Barrio de la Estacion district, on a terrace jutting into one of the bends in the Ebro river, the beginning of this whole adventure was to take place.More about the Winery
Reviews of Sela Magnum 2012
Red colour followed by reddish brown. Very good aromas of vanilla. Taste of blackberries and wild fruits.
- View: Sela 1,5 Lt Magnum 2010 is a bluish-red wine and trim, good layer of medium intensity.
- Nose: fruit intensity without the presence of wood, in the line of sweet red fruits and fresh. The predominant feeling of cherry and icing, including bone flavor with a slight almond note.
- Mouth: Silky, medium volume, very fresh, no gaps, with clear presence of red fruits. The wood does not appear and the tannins are very well assembled. Fruit aftertaste fresh and well seasoned.
WINEMAKING: Harvested by hand in boxes of 18 kg, with selection of the grapes from 17 vineyards elected in each vintage. Each vineyard winemaking as demands, but in general the process consists of three phases:
cold maceration, fermentation and post-fermentation maceration.
Alcoholic and malolactic fermentation occur spontaneously in French oak vats, without seeding with selected yeasts, allowing native flora handle the process. Barreling for 19 days and aged for 12 months in French oak barrels used, so that the wood does not appear above the wine. Stabilization by natural methods.
GRAPES: made with grape varieties 95% Tempranillo and 10% Graciano, from vineyards in glass, 15 to 30 years old, grown on QDO sustainable viticulture. Rioja.
CELLAR: Bodegas Roda