Description of Sela 2016
Sela 2016 (Graciano and Tempranillo)
- View: in a wine glass elegant appearance is revealed and very striking, deep red color reminds us of the passion and bright flashes its significant light framed in blue and purple tones.
- Nose: aromas gives us red and black fruits represented by raspberry and cherry, harmony with stone fruit, vine peach and light herbal touches.
- Mouth: This red wine is fairly light and silky, soft tannins and delicate. There are a lot of freshness and great structure, flavors that remind us of ripe red fruits like cherries and currants.
APPELLATION: O.D. Ca. Rioja.
VINEYARD: Bodegas Roda, S.A.
GRAPES: Tempranillo, Garnacha and Graciano.
AGEING: 12 months aging in French oak barrels seminuevas.
PREPARATION: Manual harvest, transport in boxes of 15 kg, short cold maceration following fermentation. Spontaneous alcoholic and malolactic in French oak barrels, with 19 days maceration fermentation.
PAIRING: rice, pasta, chicken, beef, cheese and a half short healing and ham.
RECOMMENDED TEMPERATURE SERVICE: 15-16 ° C
In the Rioja, where there seemed to be nothing left to achieve, in Haro's world famous century-old Barrio de la Estacion district, on a terrace jutting into one of the bends in the Ebro river, the beginning of this whole adventure was to take place.More about the Winery
Reviews of Sela 2016
- Tasting notes: Colour: cherry, purple rim. Nose: red berry notes, ripe
fruit, fruit expression, fragrant herbs. Palate: flavourful, fruity,
fresh, ripe fruit, good acidity
- Score: 89
- View: intense red, medium-high.
- Nose: intense entry, flavors of red and black fruit, like cherry and raspberry, notes of ripe stone fruit, such as peach vines, herbaceous and light touches.
- Mouth: medium volume, light and silky, gentle and delicate tannins. At the entrance, a great freshness and ripe red fruit flavors such as cherries and currants.
VINEYARD: Vineyards between 15 and 30 years planted in glass and have grown following the precepts of sustainable agriculture.
GRAPES: Tempranillo 82%, 10% Grenache and Graciano 8%.
AGEING: The aging took place in French oak barrels seminuevas for a period of 12 months.
PREPARATION: fermentation (both alcoholic and malolactic) was performed in oak vats.
WINE PAIRING: all kinds of roasts and stews, and casseroles cooked. Also, with entrees like Iberian ham, cheese boards and cured meats.
RECOMMENDED SERVING TEMPERATURE: 16-18 ° C