|Type Of Wine:||red wine|
|Vintage:||2015 Other vintages|
|Appellation:||Rioja (La Rioja, Spain)|
|Winery:||Marqués de Cáceres|
|Grapes:||Garnacha, Graciano, Tempranillo|
|Tim Atkin Score:||93|
|James Suckling Score:||92|
Description of Marqués de Cáceres Reserva 2015
Marqués de Cáceres Reserva 2015 (Garnacha, Graciano and Tempranillo)
- View: has a dark, dense color.
- Nose: Intense and complex aroma confirming oak aging quality: powerful flavors of blackberries and black currants with a depth of toast notes that are mixed with very fine oak.
- Mouth: pleasantly full tasting with concentrated flavors. It is clear that a wine of character and structure but with a nice, meaty texture.
APPELLATION: Rioja (La Rioja, Spain).
VINEYARD: Marqués de Cáceres.
GRAPES: Tempranillo (85%), Graciano (5%), Grenache (10%).
AGEING: Aged for 12 months in French oak barrels split (60%) and American (40%). They are about 25% of new barrels, 25% barrels two years, 25% of three-year barrels and 25% barrels four years maximum.
PREPARATION: Bunches destemmed and crushed. Alcoholic fermentation at a controlled temperature which starts at 10 until reaching 28C. Maceration with the skins prolonged up to 20 days. malolactic fermentation in stainless steel tanks. After the malolactic fermentation, they pass all wines barrels racked every 6 months.
PAIRING WINE: To accompany fish very tasty and tuna prepared in tomato sauce a little spicy, fine charcuterie (Iberian), all kinds of meat roasted, stewed or grilled, especially gras, tenderloin of beef, duck, partridge hunting pen, strong cheeses and cured and soft and semi-hard.
RECOMMENDED SERVING TEMPERATURE: 16 ° C
How to serve
Marqués de Cáceres has always considered that the quality of its red wines should "bring out in full the character of the grapes with a peaceful period in oak". For this reason, the soil, the grape varieties, the vinification process and ageing in oak are the protagonists forming the basis that lends distinction to the wines and, at the same time, creates their distinctive personality.More about the Winery
Reviews of Marqués de Cáceres Reserva 2015
- Intense, complex bouquet that confirms its ageing in quality oak: powerful aromas of blackberries and blackcurrants with a depth of toasted notes that blend with very fine oak.
- Pleasantly full on tasting with concentrated flavours.
- Clearly a wine of character and structure but with a nice, fleshy texture.
- Classy and elegant with good potential for ageing.