La Rioja Alta is the maker of this La Rioja Alta Gran Reserva 904 , a red wine from the region of Rioja vinified from tempranillo and graciano. The La Rioja Alta Gran Reserva 904 is the ideal red to combine with chocolate fondant and ragout. According to Drinks&Co users, this red wine earns 4 out of 5 points.
“The colour was rather dark red. Scent of roses and white flowers. An astonishing Rioja on the palate.
I recommend to taste it with prosciutto.
I drank this La Rioja Alta Gran Reserva 904 Magnum once with my coworkers.”
“Gran Reserva 904 2009 is a red wine reserve DO C Rioja produced by the winery La Rioja Alta with Tempranillo (90%) and Graciano (10%) of vines more than 40 years of Briñas, Labastida and Villalba. Official? Excellent 'rating of this vintage match our appreciation of wine. After bud break in usual dates, moderate and well distributed rains in spring they led to a correct vegetative growth that lasted until fruit set, helping to balance production.”
“Red wine Gran Reserva from Rioja (Spain) produced by the winery La Rioja Alta Tempranillo and Graciano grapes. His ideal pairing would be more hunting and stewed red meats. The window will be more convenient consumption now through 2028. It should decanted, and the temperature must be between 14ºC and 18ºC preferably in a glass of Tempranillo type.”
“TASTING NOTES OF La Rioja Alta Gran Reserva 904 - Estuche 2005:
- View: cherry red, ruby edge middle, clean and bright.
- Nose: very intense nose with a pleasant bouquet of balsamic notes: almond, chocolate mint, vanilla and roasted, jammy fruit notes.
- Mouth: good structure on the palate, balanced, pleasant acidity, soft tannins round, very sweet, a long and complex aftertaste.
VINEYARD: Melchorón I and II.
GRAPES: 90% Tempranillo, 10% Graciano.
WINE PAIRING: with a meal main courses and desserts with chocolate.
ALCOHOL CONTENT: 13.5%”
“Nice red Bordeaux colour. The La Rioja Alta Gran Reserva 904 exudes aromas of violets. Softer than 1995.
We drank it just like that, without any food pairing.
This time I shared it with two couples .”
“TASTING NOTES OF La Rioja Alta Gran Reserva 904 - Estuche:
- View: ruby red, middle layer, tile edges, typical of the great classics of Rioja.
- Nose: very intense aroma, fresh, vibrant, with fine notes of candied fruit, balsamic background, spicy, leather, coffee and chocolate mint.
- Mouth: good structure, round, with sweet tannins elegantly polished. Big finish and a smooth, durable finish.
VINEYARD: La Rioja Alta
GRAPES: Tempranillo (90%) and Graciano.
AGEING: 4 years in American oak barrels of 3 wines and at least 4 years in bottle before going to market
PAIRING: meat and fish not too spicy, chocolate desserts.”