Welcome to Drinks&Co

You must be over 18 to enter this site.

Please enter your year of birth.

Please drink responsibly
Trends:

Rioja

La Rioja Alta Gran Reserva 904 1973

75cl

La Rioja Alta Gran Reserva 904 2011

£48.79
£48.79

This product is out of stock
You can buy La Rioja Alta Gran Reserva 904 2011

Technical sheet

Type Of Wine: red wine
Vintage: 1973 Other vintages
Appellation:Rioja (La Rioja, Spain)
Winery: La Rioja Alta
Volume: 75cl
Grapes: Graciano, Mazuelo, Tempranillo
Allergens: Contains Sulfites
Alcohol Vol.: 12.50%
Conservation Temp.: 18ºC
La Rioja Alta is the maker of this La Rioja Alta Gran Reserva 904 1973 , a red wine from the region of Rioja made of tempranillo, mazuelo and graciano of 1973 and shows an alcoholic content of 12.50%.

Description of La Rioja Alta Gran Reserva 904 1973

La Rioja Alta Gran Reserva 904 1973 (Graciano, Mazuelo and Tempranillo)

TASTING NOTES:

Despite its age, it is surprising the "spark" and the joy that keeps this wine. The bottle Magnum slows the evolution of the wines and a longer life, keeping youth in more time. This wine is cherry red with shades Ayodar. Very clean, bright and layer extraordinary feature of his vintage. Very complex and spicy with a fine Foster and tones bouquet of freshness along with those of aging in bottle Perfectly structured, powerful and with great pace and finish. Retronasal extremely attractive, surround net and very durable. Developed positively in the coming years.

The base range, approximately 85%, Tempranillo. The remaining 15% Carignan and Graciano.

VINEYARDS: Rioja Alta, especially Rodezno, Ollauri and ashtray, largely owned by the company.

Are selected grapes from old vines.

AGEING: 6 months in oak vats centennial. 5 years in oak barrels for a total of 10 racked manuales. Bottled in March 1988.

ANALYSIS:

  • Grade: 12.5%
  • Volatile acidity: 0.66 g / l.
  • Total acidity: 5.0 gr / l. (Tartaric)
  • Extracto seco: 27,86 gr/l.
See more

How to serve

Consumption temp.

18ºC

The Winery

La Rioja Alta

La Rioja Alta

On July 10, 1890, five Basque and Rioja-based vine growers created "Sociedad Vinicola De La Rioja Alta" in what is known as the Haro Station District. This was the beginning of a fascinating business venture in which the only dream of the five founders was to craft and age high-quality wines.

More about the Winery

Reviews of La Rioja Alta Gran Reserva 904 1973

This product has no comments yet. Be the first to rate it.

Reviews of other vintages of La Rioja Alta Gran Reserva 904 197302005020041

4.5/5

gift
View more
michael o'callaghan

1.5/5

I've been sent the 2005 and not the 2004 by mistake. Trying to get this rectified at the moment.
View more
Graeme Hyland

Other products from the winery