Izadi Reserva 2014
Bodegas Izadi (Rioja)
£11.88 (Approximate price)
It is not possible to buy Izadi Reserva 2014 right now.
You may also be interested in...
Description · Bodegas Izadi
Izadi Reserva 2014 (Tempranillo)
- View: This is a dark garnet red wine.
- Nose: Scents of dark berries dominate this wine. Undertones of earthy spices and tobacco follow.
- Mouth: This wine is blessed with a medium body. Fruity flavours of currants fill each glass. Aftertastes of tobacco and earth balance out its sweetness.
VINEYARD: This wine is made by the Bodegas Izadi Vineyard, which is owned by Grupo Artevino. He first established the winery in 1987. Since then, the vineyard has grown to cover 178 hectares. It lies in the Rioja region in Spain. Because of this, the grapes grow in a beautiful Mediterranean climate. The soil is mostly clay-based, as well.
GRAPES: 100% Tempranillo.
AGEING: This wine is aged for 16 months in barrels made of American and French oak. Most of the barrels used for the production of this wine are used, which gives the wine a unique flavour.
PREPARATION: The Tempranillo grapes used in this wine are all hand-picked in mid-October. The grapes are first destemmed and crushed. They then go through a period of alcoholic fermentation in stainless steel tanks, then through malotactic fermentation, also in stainless steel tanks. The wine is then aged for 16 months, clarified, filtered, and bottled.
PAIRING: This wine pairs well with a variety of dinners, including both classic Italian and Mexican dishes.
RECOMMENDED SERVING TEMPERATURE: 16°C
Viña Izadi is a winery located in the center of the triangle formed by Villabuena, Lapuebla and Samaniego, 3 of the people of Rioja wine emblematic Alavesa. Its proximity to the Ebro and the protection provided by the Sierra Cantabria are contributing factors to a special climate, perfect for...
Buy Bodegas Izadi Wine:
More reviews about Izadi Reserva 2014
Posted on 23/11/18 at 04.35
Izadi Rioja Reserva 2014
- The palate is rich and concentrated with a long finish.
Summary of ratings
Reviews about other vintages
Reviews about Izadi Reserva 2012
- Rich aromatic intensity with a nice balance of red fruit, liquorice and spices and hints of smoke in the background.
- Elegant and round on the palate with a long aftertaste full of floral and ripe fruit notes.
Reviews about Izadi Reserva 2011
Nice red Bordeaux colour. Aromas of strawberry, raspberry and some berries. It leaves a slightly sweet after-taste.