Imperial Reserva 201675cl
Imperial Reserva 2016
|Type Of Wine:||red wine|
|Vintage:||2016 Other vintages|
|Appellation:||Rioja (La Rioja, Spain)|
|Grapes:||Graciano, Mazuelo, Tempranillo|
Description of Imperial Reserva 2016
Imperial Reserva 2016 (Graciano, Mazuelo and Tempranillo)
- View: burgundy red medium intensity, clean and bright.
- Nose: Elegant aroma, notes conjoined expressions and spicy fruit.
- Mouth: friendly tannins, round and fresh, a long and extensive wine with an interesting aftertaste because of its complexity.
VINEYARD: The grapes come from 28 hectares of vineyards in Villalba (Rioja Alta), and vineyards selected areas Briones and Montalvo, where vineyards have an average age of over 20 years to ensure quality Of the wine.
GRAPES: Tempranillo, Mazuelo and Graciano.
PREPARATION: selection of the best grapes harvested manually in payments from the cellar. After fermentation, the wine is kept in the tank, where macerated until the desired color and structure. The malolactic fermentation refines the wine leaving it in proper acidity.
WINE PAIRING: beef and feathered game.
RECOMMENDED SERVING TEMPERATURE: 16-17ºC
How to serve
Cvne has been caring for its vineyards for over 125 years. Over 125 years of respect for the winemaking tradition, hard work, research, innovation in production processes, pursuit of the highest quality, experimentation, and recognition. Over 125 years is a very long time. Today, Compañía Vinícola del Norte de España is run by the fifth generation of the family of winemakers who founded the company in 1879.More about the Winery
Reviews of Imperial Reserva 2016
- Highly aromatic on the nose with hints of red and black autumn fruit aromas along with some toasted and spicy notes of sweet bourbon character.
- Full and meaty in the palate with great depth and a fine, long, velvety and complex finish.
- Softened by 2 years in barrel, this lovely wine is aromatic and spicy delivering rich fruit on the savoury palate with an elegant and complex finish.
- A selection of the best grapes from our Rioja Alta vineyards around the village of Villalba were hand harvested into small 30 kg boxes. Prior to starting the alcoholic fermentation, the whole bunches of grapes were cooled down and kept at a low temperature for some hours in order to better control the fermentation without using any additives and to achieve the optimum extraction. The fermentation took place in a combination of oak vats and stainless steel tanks at controlled temperatures. The wine was then aged in both American and French new oak casks for two years before being bottled followed by another two years in bottle prior to its release to the market.
Cune Reserva 2011
It wasn't well paired with food.
Ihad it with my friends at home.
I bought it at the vineyard store of Vintae.