“- The Fincas de Ganuza Reserva wine is a red wine reserve with D. O. Rioja.
- It comes from Bodegas Fernando Remirez de Ganuza.
- It is made from Tempranillo and Graciano.
- Displays a ruby red, with a fine and smooth tear drop uniform.
- On the nose fruity notes mixed with hints of spice and vanilla are perceived.
- It is an elegant and well structured wine.
- Invade an intense fruity flavor, with notes of roasted coffee and balsam.
- This wine is aged for 25 months in oak barrels, 80% French and 20% American.”
“TASTING NOTES OF Remirez de Ganuza Fincas de Ganuza Reserva 2012:
- View: cherry red very good coat, well covered and bright.
- Nose: intense, complex and elegant, reminiscent of wild berries dairy, confectionery and fine mineral notes.
- Mouth: wide, thin, silky and persistent structure. fine and fresh acidity.
VINES: Remírez de Ganuza
GRAPES: 90% Tempranillo, 10% Graciano.
AGEING: 24 months in French oak barrels (95%) and American (5%).
PREPARATION: Prior to fermentation in cold specially designed for a period of 24 hours (4 to 6 °C) temperature controlled. Selection table. Despalillado shoulders cluster. Fermentation in small stainless steel tanks and French oak vats of 7,000 liters.
PAIRING: Red meats, stews, roasts or dishes with black beans.
TEMPERATURE: 16 °C
ALCOHOL CONTENT: 14%”
“A beautiful colour. The 2011 smells like violets.Perfect. Fresh, light and a delicious taste.
This Remírez de Ganuza wine goes well with food.
With my friends we always order Fincas de Ganuza Reserva.”
“Intense ruby red color and fine tear. Intense and complex aromas with hints of aging elegant, with notes of fresh fruit combined with hints of spice and vanilla. Flavor is tasty, well structured and with great balance. It is elegant with very good concentration of fruit, broad and persistent, include roasted notes, fine vinillas, balsamic and red fruit.
Development and Aging
Varidades made from grapes the grapes 90% Tempranillo and 10% Graciano from vineyards aged between 25 and 40 years. Table grape selection and separation of shoulders and tips. This wine is made from destemmed shoulders.
Breeding is 25 months in barrels 80% French, 20% American
Awards and Honors
92 Points Pnin
91 Points Parker (2004)