The Faustino VII of Bodegas Faustino: a red wine from Rioja made of tempranillo grapes. The Faustino VII is the ideal red to combine with ham and sausages and seafood. 4 of 5 points is the average score of this red according to Drinks&Co users.
“I definetely wouldn't pair this wine with fish dishes. I tried it with some friends at a wine tasting event.
First thing noticed was its cherry colour. Rather clear scents of violets. Light on the palate.”
“- Tinto is a harmonious blend of sunny fruits, vanilla and spice.
- Ruby in colour the palate has rich jammy fruits with slight hints of sweetness, vanilla and spice on the finish; evidence of the ten months it has spent in new American oak. Excellent with sausages, cottage pie and grilled chops.
- Despite its status as a vin joven (young wine), VII Tinto is made with great care from 95% Tempranillo and 5% Mazuelo grapes and benefits from 10 months in American oak barrels with six months in the bottle.”
“TASTING NOTES OF Faustino VII 2013:
- View: From living reddish ocher hue, reminiscent of a vine leaf in autumn.
- Nose: very definite aroma that perfectly combines vanilla oak with the freshness of the grape of origin.
- Mouth: A wine with great balance in the mouth, elegant and with a very intense and persistent retronasal.
VINEYARD: Faustino Rivero Ylecia
GRAPES: Cariñena, Mazuelo, Tempranillo
PAIRING: Red meats, game meats, roasts, feathered, sausages.
TEMPERATURE: 16 °C
ALCOHOL CONTENT: 13% Vol.”
“TASTING NOTES :
- View: Faustino VII Tinto 2012 is pale .
- Nose: fruity and floral aromas .
- Taste: The flavour is tasty and fruity with persistent and slightly acidic aftertaste .
PAIRING: seafood, raw fish, cooked in sauce, seafood mousses, soups, creams and cheeses .
TEMPERATURE: 6 º C
GRAPES : Viura
CELLAR: Faustino Rivero”
Buying wine, champagne, beer and spirits online is easy at Drinks&Co: discover the best drinks from the best wineries and distilleries, and choose from the top wine and other beverages stores on the internet.