Faustino I Gran Reserva 2008
Bodegas Faustino (Rioja)
£22.87 + £4.99 Shipping (3 - 5 days)
£137.23 + £4.99 Shipping (3 - 5 days)
£375.11 + £30.69 Shipping (8 - 12 days)
Shipping: TheDrinkShop UK
£ You will receive 0.35 points for each unit bought
It is possible to say that the price/quality ratio of this wine made by Bodegas Faustino makes it really worth trying. As it is common in the wines produced by Rioja, you can notice the special care given to the land, since the freshness of the grapes is felt at the moment of sipping. This unique Spanish red wine is produced in La Rioja, the most famous wine-growing region in Spain.
As the Faustino I Gran Reserva 2008 is a good companion for red meat, this wine can be served in any meal that will have grilled or stewed meat as its main course.
Technical sheet · Faustino I Gran Reserva
|Type Of Wine:||red wine|
|Vintage:||2008 Other vintages|
|Appellation:||Rioja (La Rioja,Spain)|
|Grapes:||Graciano, Mazuelo, Tempranillo|
If you liked Faustino I Gran Reserva 2008, you may also enjoy...
Description · Bodegas Faustino
Faustino I Gran Reserva 2008 (Graciano, Mazuelo and Tempranillo)
TASTING NOTES of Faustino I Gran Reserva 2008:
- View: bright cherry red with garnets glints.
- Nose: an intense bouquet of spicy notes such as hardwood and touches of leather and vanilla.
- Mouth: balanced structure yet powerful thanks to the tannins. Elegant and fleshy wine with a good acidity.
VINEYARD: Bodegas Faustino
GRAPES: Graciano, Mazuelo, Tempranillo,
AGING: 26 months in French and American oak barrels. At least 3 years in the bottle.
PAIRING: for substantial dishes such as red meat and poultry. Venison is also a possibility.
Bodegas Faustino first and foremost is land ownership. To undertake this expansion, lay hold of the pillar July familiar: their children. They have collated the college with training in the family business from his youth living in the vineyard work, the illusion of vintage and winery. Today in...
Buy Bodegas Faustino Wine:
Highlighted review about Faustino I Gran Reserva 2008
Posted on 23/11/19 at 05.26
Faustino I Gran Reserva 2008
- On the nose is complex and elegant, wide fruity and spicy notes. On the mouth, elegant, with pleasant hints due to the barrel ageing.
- Long and silky finish.
- It matches with any kind of meat and mushrooms rice. Some tasty or oily fish such as tuna or cod. Medium-aged cheese such as emmental or gruyere.
More reviews about Faustino I Gran Reserva 2008
Posted on 29/01/20 at 11.04
Amazing Spanish red wine
Posted on 15/06/19 at 11.27
Posted on 06/02/18 at 09.39
- View: intense bright cherry with maroon touches.
- Nose: spicy, with hints of leather, wood and vanilla.
- Mouth: Balanced and powerful, has good acidity.
APPELLATION: O.D. Rioja
VINEYARD: Bodegas Faustino.
GRAPES: Graciano (10%), Mazuelo (5%), Tempranillo (85%).
AGEING: 26 months in barrels of French and American oak. At least 3 years in the bottle.
WINE PAIRING: Meat, red meat, mushrooms.
TEMPERATURE: 18 °C
ALCOHOL CONTENT: 13%
Summary of ratings
Reviews about other vintages
Reviews about Faustino I Gran Reserva 2006
Reviews about Faustino I Gran Reserva 2004
- Youthful and fresh, feminine and complex.
- Deliciously decadent with extraordinary vitality in the palate and a long unique finish.
- Faustino I Gran Reserva, 2001 has been chosen as Decanter's Number One Wine of the Year.
- From more than 3,200 wines recommended in Decanter over the past year, their tastings team has picked out not only the highest-scoring but also the best-value wines.
- With 19.25/20 point Faustino I Gran Reserva 2001 has been positioned as number 1 out of 50.
Reviews about Faustino I Gran Reserva 2001