Contino Viña del Olivo 201575cl
Contino Viña del Olivo 2015
You will like to know that…
The grapes for Contino Viña del Olivo 2015 orginate from a special vineyard, that surrounds an over 1000 year old olive tree. Hence the name that in English means "Vineyard from the olive tree". This vintage is one of the best, with well-distributed pluviometry and moderate temperatures in spring and summer.
|Type Of Wine:||red wine|
|Vintage:||2015 Other vintages|
|Appellation:||Rioja (La Rioja, Spain)|
|Winery:||Viñedos del Contino|
|Volume:||75cl Other volumes|
|Grapes:||Graciano, Tempranillo, Alicante|
Description of Contino Viña del Olivo 2015
Contino Viña del Olivo 2015 (Graciano, Tempranillo and Alicante)
TASTING NOTES OF Contino Viña del Olivo 2015:
- View: Contino Viña del Olivo Magnum 2015 is cherry color high layer.
- Nose: fragrant and fruity red cherries and black background plum, with hints of white chocolate and anis.
- Mouth: No tires in the mouth and on the palate weighs alcoholic strength and well assembled wood.
GRAPES: Tempranillo, Graciano
WINERY: Vineyards Contino
Viñedos del Contino is part, along with CVNE (Haro) and Viña Real, the group of Compañía Vinícola del Norte de España. The three in the Rioja Alta.More about the Winery
Reviews of Contino Viña del Olivo 2015
- The wine is full bodied, complex and elegant with well-integrated oak and fine grained tannins. Rich ripe black fruits and a long finish.
- Grapes were hand harvested and carefully selected from our plot Vina del Olivo (surrounding a 1000 year old olive tree), that were put into 20 kilo baskets to transport them to the winery to be fermented in our 100HL French oak winemaking vats at 28-30°C for 10 days. Malolactic fermentation took place in new French oak barrels, and for the barrel ageing we put the wine in French, American and Hungarian oak casks successively for 17 months. Finally, the wine was aged in bottle for over a year before release.
Cune Continoviña del Olivo 2014
- Tasting notes: Colour: dark-red cherry. Nose: sweet spices, spicy,
caramel, ripe fruit, fruit expression. Palate: fleshy, complex,
powerful, flavourful, fruity, creamy, spicy
- Score: 94
- Tasting notes: Colour: very deep cherry. Nose: roasted coffee, dark
chocolate, candied fruit, fruit liqueur notes, complex. Palate:
round tannins, powerful, flavourful, sweetness, fleshy
- Score: 92