Contino Reserva 201675cl
Contino Reserva 2016
|Type Of Wine:||red wine|
|Vintage:||2016 Other vintages|
|Appellation:||Rioja (La Rioja, Spain)|
|Winery:||Viñedos del Contino|
|Grapes:||Garnacha, Graciano, Mazuelo, Tempranillo|
Description of Contino Reserva 2016
Contino Reserva 2016 (Garnacha, Graciano, Mazuelo and Tempranillo)
- View: Bright cherry, garnet edge of medium-high layer. Dense tear that lightly dyes the glass.
- Nose: Balsamic with elegant toasted notes. Very ripe fruit with aromas of tobacco, toffee, spices, lactic and floral background.
- Mouth: Good entry, bulky. Long, tasty journey, full-bodied, warm and silky step. Ripe fruit, spicy, balsamic and smoked notes appear. It has excellent acidity with well integrated and tasty tannins. Long, persistent finish with memories of fruit and spices.
NAME OF ORIGIN: Rioja
VINEYARD: Contino Vineyards
GRAPES: Tempranillo (85%), Graciano (10%), Garnacha and Mazuelo (5%).
AGING: Two years in barrels already used of American oak 40% and French 60%, aging that is completed with a year in the bottle aging in the openwork until its release to the market.
ELABORATION: Coming from well selected grapes, in perfect ripeness and harvested manually.After de-stemming, fermentation in stainless steel tanks of 12,000 liters at 28-30ºC and after a post-fermentation maceration for 15 to 20 days they carried out the malolactic fermentation.
WINE PAIRING: Semi-cured cheese, Iberian ham, grilled red meats, small game, lamb, stews.
RECOMMENDED SERVICE TEMPERATURE: 16ºC
ALCOHOLIC GRADUATION: 14%
How to serve
Viñedos del Contino is part, along with CVNE (Haro) and Viña Real, the group of Compañía Vinícola del Norte de España. The three in the Rioja Alta.More about the Winery
Reviews of Contino Reserva 2016
- Red ruby, clean with medium colour intensity. A very fruity and intense nose with hints of strawberry, blueberry, vanilla and a balsamic finish. In the mouth it is round, velvety and mouth filling.
- Once the wine is bottled, it will rest a further year in bottle prior to being released.
- 85% Tempranillo, 10% Graciano, 5% Mazuelo and Garnacha.
I really enjoyed it.